Check your account email address ×

Anthony Fauci has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on: Peter Navarro

Peter certainly has a different take on things than Fauci.  It's easy for Fauci to sit and talk about the dangers of a virus.  What we should do about it as we balance the economic, social, and health impacts is a harder discussion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/todaysdebate/2020/07/14/anthony-fauci-wrong-with-me-peter-navarro-editorials-debates/5439374002/

Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.

In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives.

When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry.

When I was working feverishly on behalf of the president in February to help engineer the fastest industrial mobilization of the health care sector in our history, Fauci was still telling the public the China virus was low risk.

When we were building new mask capacity in record time, Fauci was flip-flopping on the use of masks.

And when Fauci was telling the White House Coronavirus Task Force that there was only anecdotal evidence in support of hydroxychloroquine to fight the virus, I confronted him with scientific studies providing evidence of safety and efficacy. A recent Detroit hospital study showed a 50% reduction in the mortality rate when the medicine is used in early treatment.

Now Fauci says a falling mortality rate doesn’t matter when it is the single most important statistic to help guide the pace of our economic reopening. The lower the mortality rate, the faster and more we can open.

So when you ask me whether I listen to Dr. Fauci’s advice, my answer is: only with skepticism and caution.

Peter Navarro, an assistant to the president, is the director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy. (Parts of this statement were shared with other news organizations. The Food and Drug Administration has revoked its approval for treating COVID-19 with hydroxychloroquine.)

Sounds like we should get rid of Faucci and Trump. Neither has been right about a single thing since January

Of course Trump is the one that elevated Fauci to power so Trump is responsible for both of their ineptitude 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Of course Trump is the one that elevated Fauci to power so Trump is responsible for both of their ineptitude 

Not sure what you mean there.  Fauci has held his current job his 1984.  

27 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not sure what you mean there.  Fauci has held his current job his 1984.  

Fauci has been the leader of the Coronavirus task force since 1984????

• Platinum Contributing Member

Fauci was telling people not to change their lives in late February.   He was using the WHO playbook which we know was biased by China. 

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Orange Fucktard sending out Navarro as his attack dog...who didn’t see this coming.

Was Navarro wrong?   Why is Fauci above reproach to some people?  Simply because Trump has disagreed with him at times?

He’s not a scientist. Trump is sending his hounds to destroy a great scientist. Sound familiar?

Peter Kent Navarro (born July 15, 1949) is an American economist and author. He serves in the Trump administration as the Assistant to the President, Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, and the national Defense Production Act policy coordinator. He previously served as a Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the White House National Trade Council, a newly created entity in the executive branch of the U.S. government, until it was folded into the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, a new role established by executive order in April 2017.[1][2] He is also a professor emeritus of economics and public policy at the Paul Merage School of BusinessUniversity of California, Irvine, and the author of Death by China, among other publications.[3]

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Was Navarro wrong?   Why is Fauci above reproach to some people?  Simply because Trump has disagreed with him at times?

He is not above reproach but there is no reason for an attack on his character and competency by the very administration that appointed him. If you can’t see this as anything but another ass covering from Trump and his cronies than I don’t know what to tell you and I called it months ago. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He is not above reproach but there is no reason for an attack on his character and competency by the very administration that appointed him. If you can’t see this as anything but another ass covering from Trump and his cronies than I don’t know what to tell you and I called it months ago. 

Attack on his character?   Please show this?   Again show where Navarro was wrong?   Saying someone was wrong is not an attack on their "character."   FFS. 

You know that saying "everything before the word but is horseshit."   Holds true here with your claim. 

I think its hilarious you are concerned with a fake attack on someones character.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Attack on his character?   Please show this?   Again show where Navarro was wrong?   Saying someone was wrong is not an attack on their "character."   FFS. 

You know that saying "everything before the word but is horseshit."   Holds true here with your claim. 

I think its hilarious you are concerned with a fake attack on someones character.  :lol:  

You don’t get it. Trumps fingerprints are all over this. He’s done it dozens of times before.

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You don’t get it. Trumps fingerprints are all over this. He’s done it dozens of times before.

I'm not denying that Presidents send out people in the admin to make a point....they all do it.   Nobody was a bigger lapdog for Obama than Susan Rice.   Come on man its politics that everyone plays.   Trump isn't the first nor will he be the last.   There wouldn't be Sunday morning talk shows if it didn't happen.  

It was not an attack on his character.   Job performance yes...character no.   Nothing he said was untrue....NOTHING.  

I know its hard if not impossible for you but try to look outside "I hate Trump" on everything that happens in your life. 

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not denying that Presidents send out people in the admin to make a point....they all do it.   Nobody was a bigger lapdog for Obama than Susan Rice.   Come on man its politics that everyone plays.   Trump isn't the first nor will he be the last.   There wouldn't be Sunday morning talk shows if it didn't happen.  

It was not an attack on his character.   Job performance yes...character no.   Nothing he said was untrue....NOTHING.  

I know its hard if not impossible for you but try to look outside "I hate Trump" on everything that happens in your life. 

It’s impossible for you to learn from history.

Trump is the world’s biggest LOOZER by a HUGE margin.

Just now, Mainecat said:

It’s impossible for you to learn from history.

Trump is the world’s biggest LOOZER by a HUGE margin.

8 yo talk from a man in his 60's.   Congrats Joe on your amazing insight. :lol: