Check your account email address ×

Civil War Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns Calls for Confederate Statues to Be Removed: ‘They’re an Attempt to Rewrite History’ by White Supremacists

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Burns is a genius. Loved by all accept stupid people. 

Well....except that haircut.  :lol:  

I've watched his Civil War documentary and I have to say its deep in historical accuracy and shallow on criticism of the Confederacy.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Burns is a genius. Loved by all accept stupid people. 

My son and I were visiting my parents recently and Jason was flipping thru a large hardcover book about the Roosevelt family, authored by Burns.my dad says “ check out the cover page”. Signed by Ken with a personal message. Of course my father knows him. My father knows everyone lol smh. 

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Well....except that haircut.  :lol:  

I've watched his Civil War documentary and I have to say its deep in historical accuracy and shallow on criticism of the Confederacy.  

The point of documentaries is to present relevant facts from all points of view. Just thought I’d bring that to your attention in your rush to judgement of burns. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The point of documentaries is to present relevant facts from all points of view. Just thought I’d bring that to your attention in your rush to judgement of burns. 

No rush to judgement just made an honest assessment of the documentary.   :bc:

As I've stated before I have no problem removal of these monuments thru the vote of a people of that city, county or state.   Mob rule tearing them down is where I have an issue. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No rush to judgement just made an honest assessment of the documentary.   :bc:

As I've stated before I have no problem removal of these monuments thru the vote of a people of that city, county or state.   Mob rule tearing them down is where I have an issue. 

So if a bunch of mooslims show up and take over a city, it's cool if they tear down monuments that they don't give a shit about, because it's not their history...

That's called liberalism/globalism.

• Like 1

Just now, Phoenix said:

So if a bunch of mooslims show up and take over a city, it's cool if they tear down monuments that they don't give a shit about, because it's not their history...

When did you lose your ability to read and comprehend? 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Well if its done thru the vote of the people or legal process then yes.   I'm not too worried about your scenario.  :lol:  

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

to bad less than 10% follow that formula but they all pretend it is there code to live by 

Anyone who believes the history we are taught is a retard. The civil war is a prime example. First and foremost the north stated the war at fort sumpter. Second the War wasn’t fought over slavery it was fought over the southern states wanting to leave the union. To the victor go the spoils the north can write whatever they want but it’s very clear when you go down south but they know the truth

oh and I couldn’t care less what any of you believe  

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Anyone who believes the history we are taught is a retard. The civil war is a prime example. First and foremost the north stated the war at fort sumpter. Second the War wasn’t fought over slavery it was fought over the southern states wanting to leave the union. To the victor go the spoils the north can write whatever they want but it’s very clear when you go down south but they know the truth

oh and I couldn’t care less what any of you believe  

Everyone knows that America is built a hill of death and fucked up lies. So what’s your point? 

• Like 1