Check your account email address ×

One, two or three????

3 is out because of the low attitude, no good. Just looking at rocks...no.

1 is out because it shows an almost empty brook, and not a good view of the gravel bank with some vegetation.

NUMBER 2, is the money shot. 

17 hours ago, ckf said:

Good to hear from ya. How ya been? Still flying your drone?

Yeah, the signs are easy to remove in OS with content aware fill.

Hey bud.  Still alive.  Been one fucking thing after another for the last few of years, but things finally seem to be on the right track now.  Haven't had the drone up in the air in quite a while.  Actually just picked up my camera the other day for the first time in a couple of years.  They changed the laws here so now you're supposed to be "certified" to operate a drone, complete with a moderately expensive course you're supposed to take.  Good thing I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have to listen to that bullshit.  

I think it looks damn good with the sign removed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, low-1 said:

Sky was looking pretty nice from the shoreline at the cabin on the weekend, so I had to break out the old Nikon.

sky.jpg

Very nice!  I didn't do much with photography for about a year. Last fall a local business contacted me to do some work for them and I got the bug again.  I picked up a Canon 77D last winter and it was the best thing that I could have done. I've p[played around with most of the different cameras over the years. I've done the micro 4/3's thing a  few times and also had a few Nikon's.  The Canons just work for me. It's what I started out on and I know their menu system.

Keep after it, you take beautiful photos!

• Like 1

Thank you, sir.  I think the worst thing I did was try to run it as a business.  Sucked ALL of the fun out of it for me, dealing with chasing down invoices and payment, trying to make sure everyone was happy, paperwork and taxes... Like fuck, I just wanted to take pictures.  Slowly getting back into it, but just for me now.  I'm so heavily invested in Nikon glass, I'll be there for a while lol.

• Like 1

Just now, low-1 said:

Thank you, sir.  I think the worst thing I did was try to run it as a business.  Sucked ALL of the fun out of it for me, dealing with chasing down invoices and payment, trying to make sure everyone was happy, paperwork and taxes... Like fuck, I just wanted to take pictures.  Slowly getting back into it, but just for me now.  I'm so heavily invested in Nikon glass, I'll be there for a while lol.

I get it.  The biggest pain for me is the framing.  I like it when it's an order for a mounted and matted print. I just slip it in a clear plastic bag and it's ready to go.

I get it on the glass too. I was there with Canon L series lenses in the past , but went all in on micro 4/3 at the time. Now I'm just using the better of the Canon kit lenses, 18-135, a 40mm f /2.8  prime and their 55-250mm cheap zoom.  If I get back in to birds or wildlife more I'd look at the 300 f/4 L IS  again. I loved that lens when I had my 50D and 5D bodies.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, low-1 said:

Sky was looking pretty nice from the shoreline at the cabin on the weekend, so I had to break out the old Nikon.

sky.jpg

Nice shot...I loved the pictures you used to post...good stuff. :thumbsup:

• Like 2