Check your account email address ×

Draco Monster Bush Plane

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I hate to break this to you Jimmy but the guy crashed that thing. 

He talked about crashing it and the replacing the motor...did he crash it again? 
Either way it’s still cool.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

He talked about crashing it and the replacing the motor...did he crash it again? 

Yea I am not sure he is going to rebuild Draco as he is onto the next plane already.  I love the stuff this guy and his twin brother have made both of them are some crazy A types that barely sleep and are wealthy beyond reason that spend their free time making planes.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Either way it’s still cool.

Draco is a heavily modified bush plane from Europe called a Wilga.  the plane starts out as a radial engine powered plane of about 150 hp and Mike turned it into a 800hp Turbine powered monster.  The plane could just about climb vertically after leaving the ground in a roll out about the length of a tennis court.   Like I said Mike is a little crazy. 

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks for all the info Carl...I stumbled onto that video last night..I’m going to check out his other builds. :thumbsup:

Check out this old Tony on YouTube as well. I like guys who make things with some thought involved.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, F3600 said:

Airplane guys are like boat guys but who have 10x the money to burn and a semi death wish.

Place I go to in Ontario has float planes. They need a long ass run to get up. 

Last time I rode in one was a bad windy day. Bounced all over the place. Had to basically nose dive just above and just past the trees to get it down onto the water quickly. Scared the shit outta me. Last time doing that for me.