Check your account email address ×

Maryland governor orders National Guard to protect 500,000 coronavirus tests at a secret location after they were flown in from South Korea amid fears federal government will try to CONFISCATE them

The feds paid bribe money to get those tests.  They won't stand back and let them sit under some governor's authority.

The bigger question is why are we importing tests?  Seems to point at a flaw in our production.

• Platinum Contributing Member

You can have 10 billion tests kits available and that doesn't matter if the lab capacity to analyze them isn't there.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You can have 10 billion tests kits available and that doesn't matter if the lab capacity to analyze them isn't there.   

Correct. This administration has blown it on sooo many levels. Not surprising though. 

Why all the hoopla over these tests?  Testing is all fucked up anyway.  One medical expert tells us the current test results show many false positives and the next medical expert tells the current test results show many false negatives. You cant trust what any of these so-called medical experts say from one day to the next. 

Just another example of the medical establishments complete incompetency. They haven’t  gotten one thing right about this pandemic so far. 

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

There’s adequate lab capacity. Maryland can run 2200 tests a day between the state lab and one private lab. That doesn’t even count t hospital labs. . 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s adequate lab capacity. Maryland can run 2200 tests a day between the state lab and one private lab. That doesn’t even count t hospital labs. . 

How reliable are the tests anyway?  

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why all the hoopla over these tests?  Testing is all fucked up anyway.  One medical expert tells us the current test results show many false positives and the next medical expert tells the current test results show many false negatives. You cant trust what any of these so-called medical experts say from one day to the next. 

Just another example of the medical establishments complete incompetency. They haven’t  gotten one thing right about this pandemic so far. 

The false readings are no greater than other testing procedures on these newer tests. I know of three cases this week who were tested. All three came back positive for type A and negative for CV. Not sure where you’re getting your information from. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The false readings are no greater than other testing procedures on these newer tests. I know of three cases this week who were tested. All three came back positive for type A and negative for CV. Not sure where you’re getting your information from. 

What does positive for type A mean?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

What does positive for type A mean?  

Type A influenza. Negative for CV. Both tests are given. There were some extraction issues at the lab level with early testing. Most of it was due to training issues. 

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Type A influenza. Negative for CV. Both tests are given. There were some extraction issues at the lab level with early testing. Most of it was due to training issues. 

Got ya. 

My comment about false negatives and false positives was responding to videos posted here and elsewhere describing how inaccurate the testing is.  Seems nobody really knows whats going on. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Got ya. 

My comment about false negatives and false positives was responding to videos posted here and elsewhere describing how inaccurate the testing is.  Seems nobody really knows whats going on. 

I guess it’s all part and parcel of a new virus that has a bad habit of expressing itself differently among the population. I’m not that plugged into the medical community, but I do get newsletters published by wisconsin health services every other day. Its loaded with late breaking information. You are right. Stuff was changing by the day as new details of the virus rolled in. The discrepancies seem to be slowing down and the data is crunched. It’s very obvious that the world as a whole wasn’t  prepared for a pandemic. It’s a good reminder as to how fragile human civilization really is. 

48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I guess it’s all part and parcel of a new virus that has a bad habit of expressing itself differently among the population. I’m not that plugged into the medical community, but I do get newsletters published by wisconsin health services every other day. Its loaded with late breaking information. You are right. Stuff was changing by the day as new details of the virus rolled in. The discrepancies seem to be slowing down and the data is crunched. It’s very obvious that the world as a whole wasn’t  prepared for a pandemic. It’s a good reminder as to how fragile human civilization really is. 

Yea, Ive been just blown away by how completely unprepared humanity was for this virus. Especially the medical establishment.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Correct. This administration has blown it on sooo many levels. Not surprising though. 

:lmao: