Check your account email address ×

Preliminary Study Suggests Coronavirus Has Gained Mutations Capable Of Changing Its Virulence

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nature is the best at that. 

And again, we cannot best nature.  Or, can we evolve the face masks this fast?  LOL!  I’m really enjoying the bandana wearers right now.  I just know they drove their stagecoach to the market!

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nature is the best at that. 

from link 

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

from link 

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.

The same was done with the 1918 flu. :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And again, we cannot best nature.  Or, can we evolve the face masks this fast?  LOL!  I’m really enjoying the bandana wearers right now.  I just know they drove their stagecoach to the market!

There’s also that caldera out in Yellowstone. If mom wanted to she could fuck us up real good. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Now we should trust them. :lol: 

Therefore, whilst these “pre-print” studies can guide future discussions, particularly in the case of a novel infection, any conclusions drawn should be treated with caution before they are validated.

One such paper to enter the pre-print realm this week, on the server medRxiv, came from a team of scientists from China investigating mutations in 11 patient-derived samples of the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen. They identified 33 mutations in the virus’ genome, 19 of which were new, but it was not just the number of mutations that struck the team. The researchers from Zhejiang University also detected significant differences in viral loads of patients with different strains, suggesting that “SARS-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity.”

I found this particularly laughable. :lol:   

In an email sent to Newsweek, co-author Chao Jiang, from Zhejiang University, also pointed out that without the first strain of the virus, their understanding of the impact these mutations have on the virus’ ability to affect humans is limited.

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Now we should trust them. :lol: 

Therefore, whilst these “pre-print” studies can guide future discussions, particularly in the case of a novel infection, any conclusions drawn should be treated with caution before they are validated.

One such paper to enter the pre-print realm this week, on the server medRxiv, came from a team of scientists from China investigating mutations in 11 patient-derived samples of the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen. They identified 33 mutations in the virus’ genome, 19 of which were new, but it was not just the number of mutations that struck the team. The researchers from Zhejiang University also detected significant differences in viral loads of patients with different strains, suggesting that “SARS-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity.”

I found this particularly laughable. :lol:   

In an email sent to Newsweek, co-author Chao Jiang, from Zhejiang University, also pointed out that without the first strain of the virus, their understanding of the impact these mutations have on the virus’ ability to affect humans is limited.

LOL!  Gotta get the first before you can get the second!!!!!!!

Outstanding work!  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Gotta get the first before you can get the second!!!!!!!

Outstanding work!  :lol:

So laughable they don't have first strain.   :lol:   Apparently the govt isn't sharing it with their own "college researchers" for a reason.  :lol:   

Spin's like MC.....reads a headline posts the link.  :lol2:

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so in 1918 did the US give a Wuhan lab millions to study covid in bats ? 

The plausibility of either being manmade is as likely as jt giving up twitter. But I’m sure trump will start floating that rumor any day now for his mindless followers. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The plausibility of either being manmade is as likely as jt giving up twitter. But I’m sure trump will start floating that rumor any day now for his mindless followers. 

so now you dont trust your own links or newsweek