Check your account email address ×

Top Manhattan ER doc commits suicide, shaken by coronavirus onslaught

Pretty crazy. There is no doubt this virus taxed healthcare workers to the absolute max. There is no question many will need PTSD therapy. The ones at the epicenter of the outbreak in NYC, NOLA, Detroit, etc have been dealing with excess trauma for 6 weeks or more. I cant imagine what they have been through. 

8 hours ago, Legend said:

She works in an ER and kills herself because people die from Covid-19???? 

WTF? Lots of people die in ER's. Not just from Covid.

Of course, there was no possible underlying mental condition.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Legend said:

She works in an ER and kills herself because people die from Covid-19???? 

WTF? Lots of people die in ER's. Not just from Covid.

Yep.   I'm not downplaying what they are seeing but killing yourself is a selfish act of the highest order.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Of course, there was no possible underlying mental condition.

This.

Wait til the suicides start rolling in from people jumping off of buildings and blowing their brains out from this unnecessary broad lockdown and loss of employment. 

Much more clean and pretty to bury old and compromised covid victims than the young with brains and guts hanging out. 

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Wait til the suicides start rolling in from people jumping off of buildings and blowing their brains out from this unnecessary broad lockdown and loss of employment. 

Much more clean and pretty to bury old and compromised covid victims than the young with brains and guts hanging out. 

Study in 1981 calculated 40,000 for every 1% rise in unemployment.   Likely much higher now because the population is 45%+ higher.   Not just suicide but crime, drug overdose...you name it.   If that study is remotely accurate it will likely be 15x's covid deaths. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   I'm not downplaying what they are seeing but killing yourself is a selfish act of the highest order.

This.

Like combat vets when they off themselves. Fucking selfish losers. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Yep.   Its a selfish act no matter who does it because you lay your pain on others.  

Just now, spin_dry said:

Yep and underlying mental issues 100% of the time....some of these guys here are cunts.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   Its a selfish act no matter who does it because you lay your pain on others.  

How dare someone else’s decision to not go on inflict one ounce of discomfort or pain on you....SMH.

Did it say how she killed herself?  

From what I gather she had left the ER and went back to stay with her parents. Her father was also a doctor. You would think he father would have noticed her depression and jumped in to help 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

How dare someone else’s decision to not go on inflict one ounce of discomfort or pain on you....SMH.

On me?   Fuck dude why do you read into everything like that?   A friend of a friend committed suicide.   Guy had a young wife and two daughters.   I seen what it did to her and her kids.   

I can't imagine the pain one must be in to think that is the best course of action however I still think its a selfish act and it has NOTHING to do about me.   Fuck off already.  

BTW one of my best friends shot him self in his dads basement two years after we graduated HS...gut wrenching for everybody especially his family but I can’t imagine what was inside his head that caused him to do it.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

On me?   Fuck dude why do you read into everything like that?   A friend of a friend committed suicide.   Guy had a young wife and two daughters.   I seen what it did to her and her kids.   

I can't imagine the pain one must be in to think that is the best course of action however I still think its a selfish act and it has NOTHING to do about me.   Fuck off already.  

Yeah I have seen the effects as well so you can fuck off already. Depression and mental illness in general is a motherfucker and I’m sure the people that commit suicide wish they could see another path forward besides death. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I have seen the effects as well so you can fuck off already. Depression and mental illness in general is a motherfucker and I’m sure the people that commit suicide wish they could see another path forward besides death. 

Yeah I do as well.   My mom's mom had issues with mental illness as well and I've heard her tough stories. 

Just because I think its a selfish act in no way shape or form makes it about me.   So double fuck off and die.....please.  

Suicide is a tough deal, my wife's brother and my uncle both killed themselves and my youngest brother attempted it twice almost succeeding on the 2nd try. I try not to pass judgement, an individual has to be severely messed up in the head to no longer want to go on.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Why not?

What if someone on this forum has depression issues?   As a professional, you should know how a guilt trip may effect them.   Alas, another "expert" in the field.

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Suicide is a tough deal, my wife's brother and my uncle both killed themselves and my youngest brother attempted it twice almost succeeding on the 2nd try. I try not to pass judgement, an individual has to be severely messed up in the head to no longer want to go on.

It really is a tough deal. The majority of suicide survivors I’ve talked to describe an immense sense of confusion leading up to the decision. Trauma is a tough place. Usually no restorative sleep for weeks. Internally preoccupied with guilt and/or rage. Intrusive thoughts of an experience that never ever ends. Poor diet. Dehydrated. It’s a bad spiral. 

Edited by spin_dry

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah I do as well.   My mom's mom had issues with mental illness as well and I've heard her tough stories. 

Just because I think its a selfish act in no way shape or form makes it about me.   So double fuck off and die.....please.  

Right back at ya.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What if someone on this forum has depression issues?   As a professional, you should know how a guilt trip may effect them.   Alas, another "expert" in the field.

Bootstraps. 

• Haha 1