Check your account email address ×

President Trump's economic advisor, said that the Federal Reserve still has the ULTIMATE BAZOOKA at its disposal

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

economy would have been strong without it and not as artificially as high as it was, making the 'crash' far less severe. It was not necessary that was my position all along. 

Problem was that money was used for stock buybacks that did nothing to grow the economy just the stock price.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You can speculate and have an opinion, but please don't represent it as a fact whether the economy would have been strong

You don't know that and continue to play the role of nut swinger here.

You call it nut swinging if you want but I'm smart enough to know what I don't know so yeah I listen to the opinions of certain people here and I also read as much as possible...I find that those who strut around and act like they know everything usually don't...jus sayin.

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You can speculate and have an opinion, but please don't represent it as a fact whether the economy would have been strong

You don't know that and continue to play the role of nut swinger here.

it's not speculation every economic indicator was strong and trending upwards, and had been for a significant length of time. Nothing in the labour markets or any global economic event would have changed that, in hindsight. 

His timing for cuts and deficit spending were ill advised, even without this pandemic. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Can you show me a post where you are calling Trump out for begging Powell to do this for years?

Impossible because the sites search function is so fucked.   If it weren't I would.   I've posted that I see the reasoning but I also said I disagree with it.   I've complained about interest rates being held too low going back to Greenspan and was critical of QE dozens of times on here.   

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Impossible because the sites search function is so fucked.   If it weren't I would.   I've posted that I see the reasoning but I also said I disagree with it.   I've complained about interest rates being held too low going back to Greenspan and was critical of QE dozens of times on here.   

Very good

middle class is not overtaxed on a federal tax basis.  fuck easy to make close to 200k and not pay the feds 15%

what we are is overtaxed on a state level in many places.  I read an article yesterday about the income left if you made 200k in all 50 states and some of the state taxes were outrageous.