Check your account email address ×

Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted. Dr. Fauci article from the New England Journal of Medicine.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc: Note the authors. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted

List of authors.

• Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., 
  • H. Clifford Lane, M.D., 
  • and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

So basically 3 weeks ago Fauci finally came to the same conclusion ACE has had since the beginning. 

Fauci better change his public tune quick or he needs to go. 

Oh...he’s working his way right into the left’s next great God.  As soon as he and Trump get sideways over his hacky, irresponsible, fear mongering, backpedaling, grandstanding ass...POOF!  Instant hero of the resistance!  Do I hear POTUS bells?

C2EC2FDC-E3BA-47AA-957F-8849E7E49F9E.jpeg

Hopefully this is the case....but since we have no widespread testing it’s just speculation 

Also no recent severe influenza has ever crippled a city like New York and killed so many so quickly so I find the comparison ridiculous at best

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hopefully this is the case....but since we have no widespread testing it’s just speculation 

Also no recent severe influenza has ever crippled a city like New York and killed so many so quickly so I find the comparison ridiculous at best

New York was never crippled. Look no further than the navy ship. It has no one on it. 

they claim the same about detroit. I live here hospitals aren’t over run. My buddies wife got offered big money to work the hospital they built downtown. She was promised 12 hour shifts they keep sending her home because they have zero people there

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

New York was never crippled. Look no further than the navy ship. It has no one on it. 

they claim the same about detroit. I live here hospitals aren’t over run. My buddies wife got offered big money to work the hospital they built downtown. She was promised 12 hour shifts they keep sending her home because they have zero people there

The navy ship was never there for covid patients you fucking idiot. How many times does this have to be explained to you.

Just now, f7ben said:

The navy ship was never there for covid patients you fucking idiot. How many times does this have to be explained to you.

No shit nigger it was there to move people out of hospitals that didn’t have covid. They didn’t have to do it

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

No shit nigger it was there to move people out of hospitals that didn’t have covid. They didn’t have to do it

They did have to do it....dozens of people including covid patients were treated on the ship. 

Do you think NYC experiencing 4x it’s daily average death rate for 2 weeks straight is some kind of a fucking miracle or unrelated anomaly????

Just now, f7ben said:

They did have to do it....dozens of people including covid patients were treated on the ship. 

Do you think NYC experiencing 4x it’s daily average death rate for 2 weeks straight is some kind of a fucking miracle or unrelated anomaly????

I’d like to see proof that new york is experiencing 4 times the normal death rates. Then I’d like to see that compared to the months spike when the Flu is prevalent 

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I’d like to see proof that new york is experiencing 4 times the normal death rates. Then I’d like to see that compared to the months spike when the Flu is prevalent 

Don't expect an answer. 

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Don't expect an answer. 

Don’t be such a fucking retard. I could draw it in crayon for JT and all he could think about is eating the crayons

Just now, f7ben said:

Also the flu didn’t even make the top 10 for causes of death. 

Well when you consider there are about 100K abortions every year in NYC Covid will look pretty tame. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Well when you consider there are about 100K abortions every year in NYC Covid will look pretty tame. 

Backtracked that fast eh???? You’re a fucking retard

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Backtracked that fast eh???? You’re a fucking retard

Backtracked how?   Are the abortion figures I posted wrong?   My stance on abortion has never wavered you mentally fucked douche-bag.  

I've also commented a number of times at keeping the Covid-19 numbers in perspective vs other causes of death in the US.  

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Backtracked how?   Are the abortion figures I posted wrong?   My stance on abortion has never wavered you mentally fucked douche-bag.  

I've also commented a number of times at keeping the Covid-19 numbers in perspective vs other causes of death in the US.  

Abortion numbers have literally less than nothing to do with adults dying. 99.9% of abortions are little spots of goo. I find abortions disgusting as well but bringing up those stats while discussing a pandemic are past retarded.

Of course you’re a fucking retard so there’s that

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Abortion numbers have literally less than nothing to do with adults dying. 99.9% of abortions are little spots of goo. I find abortions disgusting as well but bringing up those stats while discussing a pandemic are past retarded.

Of course you’re a fucking retard so there’s that

All deaths are relevant and when states must put clauses in their fetal homicide laws to protect abortion Doctors....they are more than little spots of goo.  

Why is that Ben that our fetal homicide laws have exemptions.....surely can't be because the fetus isn't thought of as a human life.   Can't charge someone with murdering a little spot of goo as you put it.

Have a nice day fuckhead.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

All deaths are relevant and when states must put clauses in their fetal homicide laws to protect abortion Doctors....they are more than little spots of goo.  

Why is that Ben that our fetal homicide laws have exemptions.....surely can't be because the fetus isn't thought of as a human life.   Can't charge someone with murdering a little spot of goo as you put it.

Have a nice day fuckhead.  

Why are you bringing up abortion stats after you’re cute little narrative on NYC death tolls fell apart? 

That was rhetorical....we all know why

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

“Little spots of goo”

WTF?  Ewww.

:lmao:

LITTLE SPOTS OF GOO ARE PEOPLE TOO

ALSO

NEW YORK POLICE ATTACKED A JEWISH FUNERAL!! 

Edited by f7ben

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Don't expect an answer. 

I didn’t I know he’s just a big mouth 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Don’t be such a fucking retard. I could draw it in crayon for JT and all he could think about is eating the crayons

You do this all the time. You make claims and run you mouth with backup posts that attack anyone who questions your claims instead of posting supporting data.