Check your account email address ×

Cooper SRX truck/SUV tires?

My truck is due so these have been recommended to me. Likely going to stick with Coopers so no sense talking about Michelin's or any other tire as the price can't be beat and from the reviews, they sound like a great tire.

I have dedicated snows so I am basically looking for a 3 season tire that is good in the wet/rain and offers a good ride. These sound like they fit the bill pretty well but I'm curious if anyone else is currently running them and what your thoughts are? 

4 hours ago, MILFMAN said:

They don't look like truck tires to me. Is this truck is only driven on pavement?

They are, but pretty much all pavement as I don't take my truck off roading. Mainly city/Hwy driving only. I am still running my stock Good Years that came with the truck but they are getting pretty close to being worn out. 

3 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

What size and what are they going on? 4-6-10 ply?

No idea on the ply but because I don't tow/haul anything heavy, they are likely just a glorified car tire?

I did some more reading, after I posted this last night, and I'm liking the sounds of them more and more. 

(4) - Cooper Discoverer SRX™ 275/60R20 115T
SKU: Cooper90000027116

Yeah, that's a P-Metric tire which means a 4 ply rating. $60 rebate on them here in the states. We used to sell a lot of Cooper's but found them to wear unevenly even with rotating. They've become kinda pricey as well. Checkout Nokian's One HT or Rotiiva's if available.

14 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Yeah, that's a P-Metric tire which means a 4 ply rating. $60 rebate on them here in the states. We used to sell a lot of Cooper's but found them to wear unevenly even with rotating. They've become kinda pricey as well. Checkout Nokian's One HT or Rotiiva's if available.

4 installed, taxes in, out the door for $1220.00 up here. The place I normally go usually has a midnight madness where I could likely get another $100 off but due to the current situation, they said they are not likely going to have it this year.

The quote I received was via email so there is a possibility I could maybe get a bit more off if I talk to them in person? 

Truthfully, I haven't really heard great things about Nokian's. I know a couple guys that work in the industry and both have told me to stay away from them, but that is just their opinion.

I've had great luck with Cooper's over the years but I'm sure people have had issues, like you mentioned, with almost any brand? My dad, who is soon to be 81, and has likely ridden on and purchased more tires over the years than almost anyone, still loves the Cooper's he put on his Allure 2 yrs ago. Said they are one of the best riding and handling tire he has ever owned. I believe his are a touring/Continental car tire but I can't remember the exact name? 

I just ordered 4 of these for my F150 my price thru my boss 92 bucks a piece we have a lot of experience putting them on customer Vehicles they last a long time like the name they wear like iron. And they're good in snow and mud and quiet on pavement best tire on the market in my opinion for the money. 10 ply as well.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/ironman/all-country-a-t/p/TV153000597

Edited by GreenStreak

3 minutes ago, irv said:

4 installed, taxes in, out the door for $1220.00 up here. The place I normally go usually has a midnight madness where I could likely get another $100 off but due to the current situation, they said they are not likely going to have it this year.

The quote I received was via email so there is a possibility I could maybe get a bit more off if I talk to them in person? 

Truthfully, I haven't really heard great things about Nokian's. I know a couple guys that work in the industry and both have told me to stay away from them, but that is just their opinion.

I've had great luck with Cooper's over the years but I'm sure people have had issues, like you mentioned, with almost any brand? My dad, who is soon to be 81, and has likely ridden on and purchased more tires over the years than almost anyone, still loves the Cooper's he put on his Allure 2 yrs ago. Said they are one of the best riding and handling tire he has ever owned. I believe his are a touring/Continental car tire but I can't remember the exact name? 

Damn, big price dif from here. My price would be 860 done but with exchange and all not a huge dif. Go with what you feel most comfortable with. Father's know best!

5 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I just ordered for these for my F150 my price to my boss 92 bucks a piece we have a lot of experience putting them on customer Vehicles they last a long time like the name they wear like iron. And they're good in snow and mud and quiet on pavement best tire on the market in my opinion for the money

mustang i bought came with new ironman tires. never heard of them before and i'll burn these ones off quickly and put on something different. Prob pilot sports   

3 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I just ordered for these for my F150 my price to my boss 92 bucks a piece we have a lot of experience putting them on customer Vehicles they last a long time like the name they wear like iron. And they're good in snow and mud and quiet on pavement best tire on the market in my opinion for the money

I don't really want/need an AT tire, mostly a hwy/city tire. I only pull my boat twice a year, 123 kms at a time to our trailer and back and most of my driving, now that I am retired, will be trips back and forth to the trailer once the park opens. 

I want a good riding, good handling, quiet tire that is good in the rain and from the reading I've done, the SRX sounds like it covers those exceptionally well? I was just hoping someone here rides on these now to get their personal opinion, but it doesn't look like anyone does currently? 

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Damn, big price dif from here. My price would be 860 done but with exchange and all not a huge dif. Go with what you feel most comfortable with. Father's know best!

Yeah, it's crazy what we pay up here! Purchasing through PayPal a couple weeks ago, the CDN dollar was at .65 cents! Needless to say that will be my last American purchase of anything for a while.

My bud just purchased some Cooper car tires off this same place the other day and paid around $680 he said. I assume 17-18 inch tires/rims but I'm not sure? I thought that was a pretty good price, actually, and he seemed quite thankful I told him about the place as he said he was expecting to spend around $800 to a $1,000.

Getting these exact same tires at a place like Green & Ross would be $300 dollars more guaranteed. 

I appreciate your help/info. :bc:

• Thanks 1

The Ironman brand and abunch of others like Summit and Cordovan are pretty much made by TBC. I think my rep said they make about 40 brands using pretty much identical tires with dif names. Great pricing but you pretty much get what you pay for.

• Thanks 1