Check your account email address ×

Head Professor of medicine at Stanford on the death rate of the Chinese virus

Rod

Basically the death rates thrown around by the media and WHO are incorrect and based on very incomplete data 

his hypothesis is that the actual death rate is similar if not lower than the flu

only testing for antibodies would  ever let us know and that isn’t being done yet 

https://www.facebook.com/203805062990264/posts/3523715447665859/?vh=e

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ACE said:

Basically the death rates thrown around by the media and WHO are incorrect and based on very incomplete data 

his hypothesis is that the actual death rate is similar if not lower than the flu

only testing for antibodies would  ever let us know and that isn’t being done yet 

https://www.facebook.com/203805062990264/posts/3523715447665859/?vh=e

But its rate of spread is vastly higher.   That's the issue.   Average person with the flu can impact 14 people.   Its 58,000 with Covid because of the higher R0. 

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

But its rate of spread is vastly higher.   That's the issue.   Average person with the flu can impact 14 people.   Its 58,000 with Covid because of the higher R0. 

That’s why it’s likely gone through most people already 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Maybe.

Im listening to it now and its extremely speculative. Nationwide antibody testing? Yeah good luck with that while all of these medical facilities and laboratories operating past capacity already and who the fuck wants to go to the doc office or blood lab with all of the sick people to get tested? Its overwhelimingly clear that Shapiro is focusing on how to end the shut downs as quickly as possible without a practical plan of going about it. 

Just now, Anler said:

Im listening to it now and its extremely speculative. Nationwide antibody testing? Yeah good luck with that while all of these medical facilities and laboratories operating past capacity already and who the fuck wants to go to the doc office or blood lab with all of the sick people to get tested? Its overwhelimingly clear that Shapiro is focusing on how to end the shut downs as quickly as possible without a practical plan of going about it. 

He’s not the only one saying it. This is becoming a common thought in the medical field 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

He’s not the only one saying it. This is becoming a common thought in the medical field 

Its good to have discussions but the mobilizing of this testing isnt even something that COULD be done in the next month if they wanted to. 

Just now, Anler said:

Its good to have discussions but the mobilizing of this testing isnt even something that COULD be done in the next month if they wanted to. 

No I think they just approved a test for it too. And it’s just for informations sake at this point. The virus will run its course regardless 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Cuomo was saying the exact same thing yesterday on how to get the country back up going.   Healthy youth and those that have had it getting back out there.      

There is nothing wrong with planning the next step even if things still are getting worse.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, ACE said:

No I think they just approved a test for it too. And it’s just for informations sake at this point. The virus will run its course regardless 

So what, who is going to do the testing? All of the medical facilities and labs are already operating beyond capacity. The virus will run its course but if you just ignore the warnings it will make everything that is already bad, worse. 1 million infected will kill the economy for years. 

Cuomo was saying the exact same thing yesterday on how to get the country back up going.   Healthy youth and those that have had it getting back out there.        

We have not shut down, we are still working but with guidelines. 

Just now, Anler said:

We have not shut down, we are still working but with guidelines. 

A HUGE percentage are.   I've got lots of customers and probably over 1000 suppliers and I know of 1 that shutdown.   I'm sure there are more but I've only been contacted by 1.

Those not working are a pretty specific group.  Yes it covers lots of workers but more are continuing to work than not.  

The 4 largest mfg's in my area are all operating at full capacity. 

Edited by Highmark

A HUGE percentage are.   I've got lots of customers and probably over 1000 suppliers and I know of 1 that shutdown.   I'm sure there are more but I've only been contacted by 1.

Those not working are a pretty specific group.  Yes it covers lots of workers but more are continuing to work than not.  

Some of our job sites that did shut down are starting back up with COVID work procedures. I and several of my collegues think that they wont re-open the schools this school year. If that is the case summer construction projects in those schools may start early which would be great!

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is nothing wrong with planning the next step even if things still are getting worse.   

It's also second-guessing this entire shutdown... All the while keeping public  mass transportation open smh 

4 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

It's also second-guessing this entire shutdown... All the while keeping public  mass transportation open smh 

Have to because those who are deemed essential have to get to work too.  Same reason why many daycare's are staying open.  

36 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’ve been claiming that since it began. :lol: 

Basically I’ve been right on everything and you’ve been wrong. As expected