Check your account email address ×

Some of the alt left details of the bail out

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

So you finally admit he is no different and just tows the line, that is a start.   

Some of it yes I want relief for the workers and small business owners, not bailouts  for billionaires. 

That is why I said, NO FED TAXES for months or even the rest of the year.  It accomplishes everything needed.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

That is why I said, NO FED TAXES for months or even the rest of the year.  It accomplishes everything.

No it doesn't that is a way over simplistic view.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That is why I said, NO FED TAXES for months or even the rest of the year.  It accomplishes everything needed.

That might work however many are now out of a job, many of which may not come back again.

• Like 1

Some people will never learn.   It accomplishes EVERYTHING needed for this.  Tell me what it doesn't

God are you really this unaware? If your company closes and your employees aren't working, no one is making any money to even tax, so you are not taxing money that no one is making, brilliant just fucking brilliant.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I heard someone on the news today said $1,200 was now the max, no second $1,200 check in May like what Trump asked for..

The $1200 was more than the GOP wanted and less than the Dems. wanted, I don't like Pelosi at all, but to her credit she forced the hand of the senate to at least give something to small business and middleclass wage earners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

God are you really this unaware? If your company closes and your employees aren't working, no one is making any money to even tax, so you are not taxing money that no one is making, brilliant just fucking brilliant.

Jesus Christ, you act like this has been going on for years.  If a company has closed already, they were going to close regardless of the COVID 19.  But if they are not closed and do not have to pay fed taxes, they will have extra $$$ to stay open and if the employees don't have to pay fed, they will have more $$$ as well.  IT WORKS, but it takes away the big bailout and that 1200 dollars that the government can give you.  WOO HOO.

Jesus Christ, you act like this has been going on for years.  If a company has closed already, they were going to close regardless of the COVID 19.  But if they are not closed and do not have to pay fed taxes, they will have extra $$$ to stay open and if the employees don't have to pay fed, they will have more $$$ as well.  IT WORKS, but it takes away the big bailout and that 1200 dollars that the government can give you.  WOO HOO.

I think what he's meant is temporarily closing and employees are out of work, also some smaller places may not survive this.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I think what he's meant is temporarily closing and employees are out of work, also some smaller places may not survive this.

That happens all the time and it is what Unemployment is meant for. 

You have not even the slightest clue, many businesses are now shut down strictly and only because of the virus.  The fact is businesses are closed and people aren't working and may not have any income for months and even when thing get back in operation the extra cost that arise from this will further delay their ability to survive.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You have not even the slightest clue, many businesses are now shut down strictly and only because of the virus.  The fact is businesses are closed and people aren't working and may not have any income for months and even when thing get back in operation the extra cost that arise from this will further delay their ability to survive.

Name one business you know of that is shut down/closed.  If they stopped the fed taxes right now, it would fix 90% of the $$$ issues.  But it is not as sexy as a bailout and it would cause people to really notice what the fed takes from each and every hard working taxpayer.

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That happens all the time and it is what Unemployment is meant for. 

Yes people get laid off all the time, but many small businesses that have been around for many years won't survive this forced shutdown,  it does no good to think that paying no taxes on money you are not making is somehow going to do anything.

Name one business you know of that is shut down/closed.  If they stopped the fed taxes right now, it would fix 90% of the $$$ issues.  But it is not as sexy as a bailout and it would cause people to really notice what the fed takes from each and every hard working taxpayer.

we have permanently lost 4 restaurants here.  they were on the edge already and this pushed them over.  they were already paying minimal taxes.  

Edited by Angry ginger

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes people get laid off all the time, but many small businesses that have been around for many years won't survive this forced shutdown,  it does no good to think that paying no taxes on money you are not making is somehow going to do anything.

Who forced the shutdown, the same people forcing the bailout.  Coincidence?

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

we have permanently lost 4 restaurants here.  they were on the edge already and this pushed them over.  they were already paying minimal taxes.  

What part of the bailout would help them?  A tax break would help them just as much as anything in the bailout.

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Trump has been begging for 0% and negative rates , he’s been begging for massive QE and fed stimulus. He’s been a bigger spender than any other potus in history and now he’s bragging about massive bailouts.

Yet you can’t call him out on it.

You are a partisan fucking twat and dumb as fuck. 

Donald Trump GIF

Just now, racer254 said:

Name one business you know of that is shut down/closed.  If they stopped the fed taxes right now, it would fix any issues.  But it is not as sexy as a bailout and it would cause people to really notice what the fed takes from each and every hard working taxpayer.

Practically every diner, every bar, are now shut down because the carryout wasn't covering their costs, in fact every non essential business is now shut down here,  and even where my wife works, a pharmacy they limit people entering the store and must have a specific reason to go in everything else is drive through or delivery.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What part of the bailout would help them?  A tax break would help them just as much as anything in the bailout.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Who forced the shutdown, the same people forcing the bailout.  Coincidence?

The state not the federal gov.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Practically every diner, every bar, are now shut down because the carryout wasn't covering their costs, in fact every non essential business is now shut down here,  and even where my wife works, a pharmacy they limit people entering the store and must have a specific reason to go in everything else is drive through or delivery.

They all have curbside pickup around me.  The places you are talking about are not closed for good, only temporarily.  No fed tax would help them when they are back in business and in fact they might open back up if they didn't have to pay that extra $$$.  You make the idea look even better.

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They all have curbside pickup around me.  The places you are talking about are not closed for good, only temporarily.  No fed tax would help them when they are back in business and in fact they might open back up if they didn't have to pay that extra $$$.  You make the idea look even better.

Some here still have curbside some have given up on it,  the ones that are open have less volume, not to mention no waitresses and fewer dishwashers.  When you have zero dollars coming to you like many waitresses, hairdressers, dishwashers, and mechanics and sales people at power sports , not to mention the owners having little to no money coming in a tax break on money you didn't earn is meaningless, don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Some here still have curbside some have given up on it,  the ones that are open have less volume, not to mention no waitresses and fewer dishwashers.  When you have zero dollars coming to you like many waitresses, hairdressers, dishwashers, and mechanics and sales people at power sports , not to mention the owners having little to no money coming in a tax break on money you didn't earn is meaningless, don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

Because it is not a real case scenario right now.  These people are laid off and collecting UI, or they are working and would get more $$ in their paycheck.   I guess I find it hard that many here can't understand how this would be way better then a little 1200 dollar check from the government. 

Because it is not a real case scenario right now.  These people are laid off and collecting UI, or they are working and would get more $$ in their paycheck.   I guess I find it hard that many here can't understand how this would be way better then a little 1200 dollar check from the government. 

Because the 1200 tax free is likely larger than the taxes they would pay for a full year of employment.   How much do you think someone making 25,000 a year pays in taxes?

19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Because the 1200 tax free is likely larger than the taxes they would pay for a full year of employment.   How much do you think someone making 25,000 a year pays in taxes?

You can easily figure that out and it would be directly seen on the paycheck.

If the business they work for doesn't have to pay the Fed it may mean the difference between keeping their job or getting let go.

Edited by racer254