Check your account email address ×

Good times ahead!!! Guns

BOHICA

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I just checked, I guess that law changed in all but 8 states. Just the stamp now. 

Yeah....I used to make my own but still have two "military grade" from "back in the day".

And for those who watch too many movies, they DO NOT sound anything like that.  I can screw mine on the end of my 12" AR and while it certainly helps...I can assure you you aren't going to hide in silence from anyone.  Now, I've got a couple of "plinkers" that would get me as close to you as you didn't want before you figured it out.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Buddy has a suppressed 22 ruger pistol and on sub sonic rounds it wouldnt wake me if shot while i sleep.  Very nice setup for shooting in the back yard in the burbs

Yep.  Nothing but the sound of the action. I have pellet guns that make more noise

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The way you responded to Bhen implies and pretty much backs up the fact that you didn't. 

when i used to shoot a lot, all rounds had to be subsonic for competition. it's all i shoot today. 

I can just imagine thSpincry putting his shiny new "silencer" on his "ppk" and being fucking pissed off when it makes a loud crack instead of a whisper quiet pew pew like in his favorite bond movie :lol: fucking retard

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can just imagine thSpincry putting his shiny new "silencer" on his "ppk" and being fucking pissed off when it makes a loud crack instead of a whisper quiet pew pew like in his favorite bond movie :lol: fucking retard

the original bond used a PPK .32. i have the S 9mm. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah, every Ricky Rambo needs to pick up a silencer when buying a case of PBR... If you argument is for "hearing" protection, you are stupid. If your argument is because for self protection, you are stupid. If your argument is because who the fuck has the right to tell me I can't buy something, it would be your best one and I wouldn't argue it. But you led with hearing protection. One word, peltors. 

Naw I just think nerds who have silencers are the same guys who go to the range with tactical vests on... Shits ghey. Especially since they aren't shooting subsonic rounds.

Who the fuck are you?

a guy who moved with in crawling distance from the Minneapolis hen county blue shaded area to the solid red tax policy county of the metro 

seriously what do u think a silencer dose that makes them need government regulation? 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Why does anyone need a silencer?

why dose any one care who wants to own one?

mind your own fucking business

I don't ask my neighbor why he drives a tesla I just don't talk to him ever the way it should be.

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why dose any one care who wants to own one?

mind your own fucking business

I don't ask my neighbor why he drives a tesla I just don't talk to him ever the way it should be.

What are you shooting that you need a silencer for?

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What are you shooting that you need a silencer for?

I don't own one but don't give 2 shits who dose or what they do with it. why do u? really ask your self why u care.

oh no his gun will only be a bit more quite . u really think a guy can take his AR in to a wallmart and start dropping people in the electronics section and it will not alert people in home décor because he has a silencer ? fucking total libtard argument .

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

a guy who moved with in crawling distance from the Minneapolis hen county blue shaded area to the solid red tax policy county of the metro 

seriously what do u think a silencer dose that makes them need government regulation? 

I dont. Can you read? I just said people who buy suppressors are stupid. And they are. Just a bunch of wannabe Delta Dan's. 

What do you think a silencer suppressor does? Coming from my multiple tours overseas with units who used suppressors, I can vouch for the fact that they are only used to prevent noise with side pieces and subsonic rounds to smoke rabid ass dogs coming up on hide sites. When they are on long rifles it is just so we could look super gnar in our instagram photos.. (that last part was a joke FYI...) Because the fact is, we didn't shoot subsonic rounds out of the XM2010s, m24s, or m110s... They hid flash at night much better than an un-suppresed rifle. That is literally the only reason to have one. Since, I am guessing, you aren't shooting your rifles with NVGs or thermals like we were, what value does it serve other than to look cool? 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't own one but don't give 2 shits who dose or what they do with it. why do u? really ask your self why u care.

oh no his gun will only be a bit more quite . u really think a guy can take his AR in to a wallmart and start dropping people in the electronics section and it will not alert people in home décor because he has a silencer ? fucking total libtard argument .

Well if he had a .45ACP with a suppressor, he sure could. Not that it is a reason to tell people they can't have them, but it is a good reason to have background checks and an extra stamp fee... 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why does anyone need a silencer?

why dose anyone need a snowmobile or a 800hp car or in your circle a but plug ? if I want to buy something I want I don't need my ignorant neighbors approval    

Ohhh...just so much hate!  STOP THE HATE!  Ya buncha fuck-bags!  Wanna look like Joe Rambo with your "silenced" AR (or other) at the range with your ammo vest, backwards ball cap and Oakleys?  Go nuts.  I can tell you this though....unless you have a reason to really have one...I mean REALLY have one.  Don't waste your money.  Or make your own.  Honestly, NO real "Johnny Rambos" in the service care to lug that shit around on the end of their stick unless the situation dictates.

Hell...just buy one of those phony ones that slide over those long and legal 16" barrels :lol:.  Actually, those are pretty slick.....and I think they are light too (as they are phony).

I'll bet I've put less than a magazine full of rounds through any of my inventory in 10 years.  Just a good cleaning of every year.  I like my little .22 plinkers though.

• Gold Member

Suppressors have been found to increase accuracy as well as slight velocity for many.  Recoil and muzzle flip is reduced.  Also suppressors typically lower decibels by 20-30.  So you can lower osha impact noise levels below osha maxium threshold...  then ear plugs on top of a suppressor would be a more fun enjoyable shoot for everyone.  Was at my indoor range the other day and i started touching off the ar 15 on a 7 lane range.  A father with his kids was there shooting 22's.  Hearing protected of course.  The ar was to much for those kids as even with hearing protection it still hurt their ears.  150-160 db gun can be silenced down say 25 db with a suppressor and another 29 db with foam plugs those kids time at the range wouldnt have been ruined by something as small as a 5.56.

i would suppress my guns but not for the cost and hassle it is currently.

i stack ear protection by the way so the noise doesnt bother me.

trump will change these gun laws though and the supreme court will uphold trumps new gun control laws for many decades to come.

• Gold Member

I kind of see things this way...  I would guess the guys that bitch about people wanting to run a muffler on a gun are the same guys that bitch about the guy not running mufflers on snowmobiles, harleys, or any vehicle.  When it comes to guns many people have backassward thinking.  Why not make more quiet???  No logical arguement has ever been made against running a supressor.

Edited by BOHICA