Check your account email address ×

first one around here to not make it

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Those are positive numbers.   Glad to hear a bit of good news on this.

In Iowa most of the cases started from a Egyptian cruise.   It has had some community spread now. 

It is good news. The next couple of days should be a strong indicator for being in the clear. The city needs a break. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It is good news. The next couple of days should be a strong indicator for being in the clear. The city needs a break. 

Its a tough balance in area's with no confirmed cases.   

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So i keep seeing this new name for the virus. SARS CoV-2. Is this the actual name of the Novel Coronavirus?  And Covid-19 is the name of the disease caused by CoV-2. 

could you put this in layman's terms for those of us still trying to learn about this shit. 

Do we die from the virus or the disease?  

There’s a couple of agencies with different designations. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1820422/coronavirus-why-wont-who-use-the-name-sars-cov-2/amp/

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s a couple of agencies with different designations. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1820422/coronavirus-why-wont-who-use-the-name-sars-cov-2/amp/

Ok I think I understand it better now. SARS CoV-2 is the actual name of this novel coronavirus.

Covid-19 is the disease caused by this virus. 

The WHO doesn't like to use the SARS name because it will scare Asian people who will think of the SARS outbreak in 2003.

Am I close?  Hahahaha. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ok I think I understand it better now. SARS CoV-2 is the actual name of this novel coronavirus.

Covid-19 is the disease caused by this virus. 

The WHO doesn't like to use the SARS name because it will scare Asian people who will think of the SARS outbreak in 2003.

Am I close?  Hahahaha. 

That’s my take on it. Avoid hysteria. Although the two strains are genetically linked. That’s what has researchers and scientists the most concerned. The genetic link and the unpredictability of a new virus. Remember the article about the Chinese bat lady? She’s got several of these corona viruses catalogued from her research. I hope that the CDC, WHO, or someone is looking into those.  

One more question Greg. 

We might get the virus but it doesnt kill us?  

The virus cases the disease called Covid-19 and it can kill us if our body cant fight it off?

So we don't die from the virus we die from the disease that is caused by the virus.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

One more question Greg. 

The virus cases the disease called Covid-19 and it can kill us if our body cant fight it off?

So we don't die from the virus we die from the disease that is caused by the virus.  

Sounds like AIDS

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

One more question Greg. 

You don't die from the virus.  You die from fluid filling your lungs due to a secondary bacterial infection in most cases.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

One more question Greg. 

The ICD-10 code for the disease stage of Covid-19 is U07.1. No actual designated name has been given that would differentiate between disease related symptoms and just being positive. I assume that you’re making a comparison between this and HIV/AIDS. 

I stand corrected. A designation has been made with a name. Acute Respiratory Disease. I’m sure that will be refined either when ICD-11 is released or and addendum to ICD-10. This has come on so fast that these are all emergency codes and diagnosis mainly for billing.   

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I stand corrected. A designation has been made for the designation. Acute Respiratory Disease. I’m sure that will be refined either when ICD-11 is released or and addendum to ICD-10. This has come on so fast that these are all emergency codes and and diagnosis mainly for billing.   

Its crazy how fast this is evolving. 

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its crazy how fast this is evolving. 

It’s been evolving very quickly. I’ve been doing not direct coding, but coding correction when a submission has been rejected by health insurance. I work primarily in behavioral health so this is a bit outside of my area. A friend of mine in Kansas City owns a respiratory care business. She said that insurance companies are losing their shit over this. The coding is going to be a huge issue and she suspects insurance companies are going play all kinds of games to protect the bottom line. 

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, hayward said:

Bordered horses not 15 miles south of here.  Evidently went out of the country to buy some sort of hot-shot race horse and came back maybe 2 weeks ago.  Felt fine, hung around with his family at a gathering.  Last week his sister dies in NJ of it, he goes to the hospital with symptoms, not too bad.  Couple days later like the flick of a switch body parts start shutting down and he's put on dialasis.  Now find out he passed yesterday.  Supposedly 4 other family members are now sick with it as well.  

Sounds like it could have been an underlying health issue that he might not have even known he had, that this virus took advantage of and put him down.  Be careful fellas.

Carmine?

4 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you better stay inside and hide until you feel safe. it's too dangerous out here for you

Hahaha. Everyone on this forum knows who stays inside and who doesn't between you and I. 

And you guys think this is from some fukkin chink eating a bat or a pangolin????? 

LMAO!!!!

This is a DESIGNER DISEASE, produced in a lab, for the purpose of killing Americans and Europeans. 

So a few thousand chunks died in the process...….collateral damage...………...they have another billion to go...……...no problem. 

Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

so where are you garden Tom, are you ready to start wrenchin or what? 

I did some wrenching just yesterday. Replaced the water pump in my Jeep. Helped a neighbor rebuild the Supercharger on his SeaDoo Jet Boat. 

I just ordered some special tools to make high amperage battery cables for RV’s and Golf Carts. 

There is plenty of opportunity in AZ this time of year. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I did some wrenching just yesterday. Replaced the water pump in my Jeep. Helped a neighbor rebuild the Supercharger on his SeaDoo Jet Boat. 

I just ordered some special tools to make high amperage battery cables for RV’s and Golf Carts. 

There is plenty of opportunity in AZ this time of year. 

so that's where youve been hiding out huh. when you get back to AK we need to meet up. i feel like there is alot i can learn from you. not even bullshitting, and i don't ask many people for help so if you say no you better zoso yourself 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

And you guys think this is from some fukkin chink eating a bat or a pangolin????? 

LMAO!!!!

This is a DESIGNER DISEASE, produced in a lab, for the purpose of killing Americans and Europeans. 

So a few thousand chunks died in the process...….collateral damage...………...they have another billion to go...……...no problem. 

bet you wish you could jerk off so you could live your last days in happiness huh you dusty old queef

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That’s my take on it. Avoid hysteria. Although the two strains are genetically linked. That’s what has researchers and scientists the most concerned. The genetic link and the unpredictability of a new virus. Remember the article about the Chinese bat lady? She’s got several of these corona viruses catalogued from her research. I hope that the CDC, WHO, or someone is looking into those.  

And they send massive incendiary bombs down in those caves with the bats carrying all those virus'.  

Didn't they have like 500 cataloged virus' in that one cave alone?   

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

LMAO!!!!

CDC has to know if it's human made or not.

5 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

so that's where youve been hiding out huh. when you get back to AK we need to meet up. i feel like there is alot i can learn from you. not even bullshitting, and i don't ask many people for help so if you say no you better zoso yourself 

We jumped in the Moho in October. Rolled around Cali, Nevada and AZ for a few weeks before landing in Havasu. We have been going non stop since we got here this year. Caribbean, Mexico, Cali several times, Vegas a few times. 

This is actually the first week in 5 months that I am staying close to home. And by home I mean the trailer park I live in at Lake Havasu.