Check your account email address ×

Thirteen Companies Drown On Debt In Coronavirus Crash

Just now, Anler said:

Well unfortunately thats how alot of people think. I heard some investment dude on the radio the other day saying that everyone should take a 2nd mortgage out on their house and put it all in the market right now. I think that is horrible advice. 

Timing is everything. 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Can you show me where he is talking specific dollar figures?   What's the big deal about being confident in your investment strategy?   Are you not confident in your business strategy.   Sure seems like it on here and I don't feel that's bragging at all.  

I can look it up but I am not going to do it now. 

The point it his investment strategy really has no relevance to the current predicament for the rest of the world right now. 

Just now, Anler said:

The world is crumbling because of making "stupid moves" as you call them just as many of us said would happen and got ridiculed for. All of this really has nothing to do with you and your investment strategy because everyone is indebted up to their necks and arent going to make it out of this. Everyone is lining up for a bail out, the govt is going to issue $1000 checks, interest rates are cut to zero, the fed is dumping money into markets which is going to ultimately make this situation worse. Thats the long term strategy the govt is taking. 

I'm pretty sure it was you and Ben and a few others who were cheerleading when the market started to fall as some sort of gotcha moment, I could really give two shits.  I have never made any comments or gloated about anyone's misfortune and if they think I did, they are sadly mistaken. 

What you posted has little bearing on a long term strategy and if you are concerned, there are other places to be in.

Why does everyone think the only place to put your money is in the markets.

This place could be a source of knowledge sharing, but instead it comes down to petty personal attacks. 

3 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Timing is everything. 

And even the top investors and hedge funds cant do it reliably. So for Joe Schmoe to think he can is just foolish. No investor worth his salt would ever recommend that. time in the market is better than timing the market so unless you plan to ride this for several years you are risking everything by doing that. And if you have to use your house to do that then you dont have the time to ride anything out. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude...he’s bragged about his company valued at 8 figures and his retirement savings netting him 7 figures yearly and in and on and on. Dudes and out of touch silver spoon

Sorry if being self made bothers people.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

And even the top investors and hedge funds cant do it reliably. So for Joe Schmoe to think he can is just foolish. No investor worth his salt would ever recommend that. time in the market is better than timing the market so unless you plan to ride this for several years you are risking everything by doing that. And if you have to use your house to do that then you dont have the time to ride anything out. 

Completely agree. Its a game of chance.

If you can't afford to lose dont play.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I can look it up but I am not going to do it now. 

The point it his investment strategy really has no relevance to the current predicament for the rest of the world right now. 

In some ways it does.   Some investors will come out of this better than others including those that hold the course of which he's ALWAYS been a proponent on here.   Seems you took it a bit too far or personal.   :bc:   My assessment of who all are the successful business owners on here has to put you right near or at the top.   I didn't just come to think that for no reason and again I don't feel you are a bragger at all.    

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

The top ones actually call that a fools game.

And for the record, I'm borrowing to put money into private REITs, its quite a bit different that the market and I can use a tax loss on the mortgage and the income is ROC.

Does everyone need to lose their minds.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

My general investment strategy is doing better than the average.   Plenty read this early and will come out extremely well if they time the bottom closely.   

This year is gonna hurt for sure but with how well things had been going market wise and hopefully a strong rebound will make it much less painful even rewarding. 

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm pretty sure it was you and Ben and a few others who were cheerleading when the market started to fall as some sort of gotcha moment, I could really give two shits.  I have never made any comments or gloated about anyone's misfortune and if they think I did, they are sadly mistaken. 

What you posted has little bearing on a long term strategy and if you are concerned, there are other places to be in.

Why does everyone think the only place to put your money is in the markets.

This place could be a source of knowledge sharing, but instead it comes down to petty personal attacks. 

Petty attacks is what we do here

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In some ways it does.   Some investors will come out of this better than others including those that hold the course of which he's ALWAYS been a proponent on here.   Seems you took it a bit too far or personal.   :bc:   My assessment of who all are the successful business owners on here has to put you right near or at the top.   I didn't just come to think that for no reason and again I don't feel you are a bragger at all.    

Well I dont like to brag because I know what a cunt you look like when you do that. And I am guilty of doing that too for sure. I know that starting and running a business isnt easy because if it was then everyone would do it. But my success really has nothing to do with these threads other than I know that excessive debt spending is no recipe for success.

When you look at all of the companies that are going down after just a week of bad news you know what has been going on. You can only play that numbers game until something disrupts the flow, then you have to deal with the reality. here we are.  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The top ones actually call that a fools game.

And for the record, I'm borrowing to put money into private REITs, its quite a bit different that the market and I can use a tax loss on the mortgage and the income is ROC.

Does everyone need to lose their minds.

Well I doubt many here have $5mil to put into private REIT's. And for most private REITs that is the minimum you need and you cant take any distributions for years. 

Well I doubt many here have $5mil to put into private REIT's. And for most private REITs that is the minimum you need and you cant take any distributions for years. 

Well who cares about poor people....what kind of person doesn’t have 5 million dollars to invest? It’s easy if you have any motivation at all. 

Wrong on all counts.  Continue.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well who cares about poor people....what kind of person doesn’t have 5 million dollars to invest? It’s easy if you have any motivation at all. 

Well if you dont then you just may have to go without some Grey Poupon for a while. 

Oh no? Well I dont know what kind of ghetto REITs you are buying. :lol: 

:lol:  

Good one.

Actually the 5mil you are referring to is net worth to qualify for purchase, but new rules were made to let others in.  Those new rules would let every one of your employees qualify including even Ben.

Only 25K for this one.  Others are only 5K.:bc:

https://centurion.ca/downloads/centurion-apartment-reit/REIT-Q4-2019-FFS.pdf

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:  

Good one.

Actually the 5mil you are referring to is net worth to qualify for purchase, but new rules were made to let others in.  Those new rules would let every one of your employees qualify including even Ben.

Only 25K for this one.  Others are only 5K.:bc:

https://centurion.ca/downloads/centurion-apartment-reit/REIT-Q4-2019-FFS.pdf

No I am referring to minimum $5 mil investment. I already own some ghetto REITs myself. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

No I am referring to minimum $5 mil investment. I already own some ghetto REITs myself. 

I see.  Those minimum are set by the company, the mins I referred are set by our government to qualify for exempt market purchases.

BTW, how are those returns doing for investing 5 mil, likely no better.  Many think they are getting something better when they raise the limit to get in only to find out, they aren't missing anything. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Is that bragging?:lmao: