Check your account email address ×

Dow Futures Have Tumbled 1,000 Points Because Cutting Interest Rates to Zero Is Not Enough

Interest rates can't fix the problem and neither will QE, Covid 19 is a ghost to those things.

Covid 19 either goes away soon miraculously or an effective vaccine is the solution.

My prediction when I sold a few weeks ago was that the DJIA would hit 20,000, I believe you have it sliding to 18,000.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Interest rates can't fix the problem and neither will QE, Covid 19 is a ghost to those things.

Covid 19 either goes away soon miraculously or an effective vaccine is the solution.

My prediction when I sold a few weeks ago was that the DJIA would hit 20,000, I believe you have it sliding to 18,000.

I think it’ll slide to 18k and linger in the abyss until this virus clears. If the virus follows the path of China and SK we’ll be out of the woods by the end of April. Who knows what type of damage will be left in the path or what kind of creepy things about the economy will emerge. 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I think it’ll slide to 18k and linger in the abyss until this virus clears. If the virus follows the path of China and SK we’ll be out of the woods by the end of April. Who knows what type of damage will be left in the path or what kind of creepy things about the economy will emerge. 

Massive corporate defaults and bankruptcies are coming. The fed will have to print trillions to prop it up

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

University of Maine cancelled classes for the rest of the semester. See you kids in September.

assume they went to online learning.  thats what my daughter has.  Headed to clean out her dorm room Thursday.  wish i knew before i flew her home,  id have driven to Ohio coming back from florida and shipped most of her shit back,  instead i get a 20 hour drive 2 weeks in a row.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

assume they went to online learning.  thats what my daughter has.  Headed to clean out her dorm room Thursday.  wish i knew before i flew her home,  id have driven to Ohio coming back from florida and shipped most of her shit back,  instead i get a 20 hour drive 2 weeks in a row.  

I’m betting we won’t get a refund on the dorm room we paid up through the semester.  Or, it sure won’t be offered.  I’m getting it!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Coming back from PI yesterday we must have passed 15 kids with their cars stuffed coming home.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m betting we won’t get a refund on the dorm room we paid up through the semester.  Or, it sure won’t be offered.  I’m getting it!  

they are refunding those who are out by Friday at my daughters school.  sons still is going back early april but who knows what changes will occur between now and then.  I know several families who moved their kids completely from the NH state school figuring if they go back for the 2-3 weeks of classes they will go back with the minimum.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

they are refunding those who are out by Friday at my daughters school.  sons still is going back early april but who knows what changes will occur between now and then.  I know several families who moved their kids completely from the NH state school figuring if they go back for the 2-3 weeks of classes they will go back with the minimum.  

So far, they’ve only extended the spring break to go through this week at my daughters school so, we’ll see what happens.