Check your account email address ×

Market will be halted within minutes of open again

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well using basic Cola increases and expected earnings in retirement your $1million will last 17 years if you pull $6000/month out. 

You will have to try to live on $6000/month for a decade before you become eligible for SS and Pension. Then at 65 you will have to reduce your draw from your 401k to 3000/month or it will be empty by the time you are 70. 

Keep in mind $6000/month is before taxes and before you pay health insurance.  $4200/month after taxes and health insurance is not much to live on. Not much at all. 

17 years if its making 0% yearly

come on Tom , you’re not this fucking dumb

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

17 years if its making 0% yearly

come on Tom , you’re not this fucking 

I based that on 6% annual returns and a 2% cola. 

And a 15% income tax rate. But you have state taxes so the 15% is low. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

Can you imagine what the taxes would rise to if Sanders won and added UHC.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Can you imagine what the taxes would rise to if Sanders won and added UHC.

Subtract having to buy health insurance on the exchange which would be $1000 - $2000 a month. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Subtract having to buy health insurance on the exchange which would be $1000 - $2000 a month. 

You would have a UHC tax and supplemental private HC insurance to cover everything UHC doesn't cover. At best it would be a wash. 

You would have a UHC tax and supplemental private HC insurance to cover everything UHC doesn't cover. At best it would be a wash. 

Who would do that? 

Just now, Anler said:

Who would do that? 

Who would have supplemental HC Insurance?  Probably almost everyone. Just like many do now with medicare.

If you want dental or eye coverage you need a supplemental plan. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Who would have supplemental HC Insurance?  Probably almost everyone. Just like many do now with medicare.

If you want dental or eye coverage you need a supplemental plan. 

Even the 28 million who dont have any insurance now? And i care for 3 seniors, only 1 of them has supplemental insurance and thats because she still works. Medicare has been pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Your math is wrong then

Just now, f7ben said:

Your math is wrong then

So plug your numbers in and what do you get?

What is your anticipated rate of return?

What is your anticipated annual Cola?

What is you anticipated tax rate, state and federal?  

lets see your numbers. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So plug your numbers in and what do you get?

What is your anticipated rate of return?

What is your anticipated annual Cola?

What is you anticipated tax rate, state and federal?  

lets see your numbers. 

You said taking 72k per year on 1 million invested with a 6% rate of return would be gone in 17 years. That is way off just running numbers in my head 

Sorry seniletom

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You said taking 72k per year on 1 million invested with a 6% rate of return would be gone in 17 years. That is way off just running numbers in my head 

Sorry seniletom

Ben, in 20 years 1 million will have the same PV as less than 500K. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

You need like $5 mil to retire. With inflation in 20 years 5 mil wont be shit anyways

You definitely need more than most people here realize. $1million in retirement in 2036 will be enough to live a very meager existence.  

Many people wrongly assume their post retirement spend will be half of what they spend while being employed. That is factually incorrect unless you significantly change your lifestyle. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

You definitely need more than most people here realize. $1million in retirement in 2036 will be enough to live a very meager existence.  

Many people wrongly assume their post retirement spend will be half of what they spend while being employed. That is factually incorrect unless you significantly change your lifestyle. 

One million aint shit for retirement unless you plan on dying soon. And at my age I dont know if I can even count on SS. Im socking away like a mofo. Plus I am hoping to have my business incomes still but you know nothing is guaranteed. 

Just now, Anler said:

One million aint shit for retirement unless you plan on dying soon. And at my age I dont know if I can even count on SS. Im socking away like a mofo. Plus I am hoping to have my business incomes still but you know nothing is guaranteed. 

Ive been saying that for a decade on this forum. Ive also been ridiculed by many here for saying such a crazy thing. 

Those that ridicule will never answer these two questions. How much do you expect your monthly income to be in retirement?  What is your monthly income now?  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ive been saying that for a decade on this forum. Ive also been ridiculed by many here for saying such a crazy thing. 

Those that ridicule will never answer these two questions. How much do you expect your monthly income to be in retirement?  What is your monthly income now?  

Pfft its going to be tough to get my wife to live on a budget, I might have to divorce her if it comes to that! :lol: 

I've also been accused of not knowing what I'm doing.

There is little chance my retirement won't generate a 7 figure income, that is why I can take chances and ask others if their money/strategies are working for them.