Check your account email address ×

SnoWest Cover

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I don’t follow the mountain segment much or, really, at all.  So, I don’t know what all is needed/not needed there.

I know this, I think too many models are being spit out.  Sometimes less is more.  Somebody on HCS posted all the models that Poo has this year and it’s just a retarded combination.  I say, start with a base and order it up from there.  Do away with spring checks.  Three base models per segment to start should be plenty.

Not that hard to offer many models when they changes aren't significant from a mfg standpoint.   Poo has more this year because there is some crossover with the new VR1 and older models.   I like variety in doo and poo's offerings.   I can get exactly what I want.   I'm willing to pay a bit more for it.    I wish they would all offer the color variety Poo does. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not that hard to offer many models when they changes aren't significant from a mfg standpoint.   Poo has more this year because there is some crossover with the new VR1 and older models.   I like variety in doo and poo's offerings.   I can get exactly what I want.   I'm willing to pay a bit more for it.    I wish they would all offer the color variety Poo does. 

I just don’t see any reason manus can’t/shouldn’t offer simple add ons or swaps right from the factory.  Tracks, lights, colors, graphics, skis, etc.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I just don’t see any reason manus can’t/shouldn’t offer simple add ons or swaps right from the factory.  Tracks, lights, colors, graphics, skis, etc.  

Well isn't that what the different models are and choices inside each model?  

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can think of quite a few reasons. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Not really.  

Some are.   I could get 6 different tracks on my XC.   A large number of color choices.   Different gauges, different handlebars.   It does make sense for the dealer or customer to be able to put on some stuff.  

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Some are.   I could get 6 different tracks on my XC.   A large number of color choices.   Different gauges, different handlebars.   It does make sense for the dealer or customer to be able to put on some stuff.  

Poo is probably doing the best at special orders but,. I wonder how much dealers are forced to order to stock their floors with so many models available....on a gamble it will sell  I get that some things should be dealer provided or OEM aftermarket too for revenue but, adding mark-up items on to the end user isn’t really a “secret” or “common sense” (for the late comers).  Especially on $16k sleds.  Example: seems weird Doo won’t put on a rip 2 from the factory.  

15 minutes ago, Doos said:

It’s not much of a secret, common sense really.

Thanks for the conversation.

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks for the conversation.

No offense but given your back and forth with Highmark, I’m not sure I have the energy. I was just pointing out the obvious.