Check your account email address ×

Small, flat roof patio.

I’ve got a small three seasons room (12x15’) that I want to install a patio above. The area already has a walk out door from the upstairs master bedroom so it’s just wasted space at the moment. The area is covered with a basic, rubberized roof with 2x8 beams. It would be a great place for morning coffee and posting here. :) I’m thinking a small bistro table and chairs. Maybe a couple or lounge chairs. I’ve looked into some composite, snap together panels with leveling platforms. They seems expensive for what they are. But the advantage is lightweight and easy assembly over a wooden deck. I’m thinking about going composite for weight and ease of install. There’s a variety of companies out there. Any suggestion or experience with them? 

Just build it like a fucking man for fucks sakes

Fuck me ....morning butter coffees in the snap together composite porch sitting at a fucking bistro table

god damn just put a fucking gerbil in your ass while you’re at it

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Fuck me ....morning butter coffees in the snap together composite porch sitting at a fucking bistro table

After looking at the prices of these composite decking materials I think your right. With railings it’ll be over $1000. Fuck that. Buttered coffee is amazing. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hahahaha. Spin wanted some attention today. You were happy to oblige. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Hahahaha. Spin wanted some attention today. You were happy to oblige. 

He pm’d me this morning with a script and asked if I was interested in the part

I said the lines read like someone who is angry and mean and that’s really not me but I’d give it a try. 

im thinking Grammy 

Just now, f7ben said:

I said the lines read like someone who is angry and mean and that’s really not me but I’d give it a try. 

im thinking Grammy 

Hahaha 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

im thinking Grammy 

You missed the whole point of the pm. Again. 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

home depot are clearing out last yrs colors of trex brown in MN metro stores any way . I just bought up a bunch of 16s for a job at 10 bucks a pop retail was 48 . 

That’s cheap. 

if going for cheep and ez those rubber pavers at menerds etc would be fast cheep and ez . think they now have some interlocking ones now that look like wood sort of .you would be done in 2 hrs for less than 3 bucks a foot .my bud did the cheep 16x16 ish  yrs ago on his small over the garage flat roof deck still no wet garage roof 

if you go traditional laying 2x over the membrain not hard just think about settiling over time . most of those roofs have builtright or ridged foam under them . so deff have a round over bit on your router for cut ends and corners . or if not living there that long fuck it let her buck.  we have also cut strips of rubber we had in shop to put under joists just for added cushion over time .figured  can't hurt and dose not take much more time or money 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, spin_dry said:

After looking at the prices of these composite decking materials I think your right. With railings it’ll be over $1000. Fuck that. Buttered coffee is amazing. 

No railings now? Was the door barricaded when you got the mortgage?

it is stupid . I was at a quick deal last week for a agent doing just that 2 2x4 across a patio door that went out over a 3 car flat roof with a 19in ledge around the whole thing . dose any mortgage comp really think the owners won't bust out a screwdriver after closing? 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

it is stupid . I was at a quick deal last week for a agent doing just that 2 2x4 across a patio door that went out over a 3 car flat roof with a 19in ledge around the whole thing . dose any mortgage comp really think the owners won't bust out a screwdriver after closing? 

nope but it's a HUD requirement safety items be addressed