Check your account email address ×

Iowa Dem County Chair ‘Blown Away’ by Low Caucus Turnout

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, irv said:

I guess we'll see? 

Is there a vid of the debate between Tulsi and him anywhere? I'd like to see that.

Tulsi is irrelevant.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Tulsi is irrelevant.  

In this thread or another, someone, or a few, mention he owned her in a debate. Not saying she is relevant any longer but I do think she is fairly smart/intelligent and isn't afraid to speak her mind so that is why I'd like to see it.

1 minute ago, irv said:

In this thread or another, someone, or a few, mention he owned her in a debate. Not saying she is relevant any longer but I do think she is fairly smart/intelligent and isn't afraid to speak her mind so that is why I'd like to see it.

Pete seems more intelligent than her and she is irrelevant in this race unless the nominee chooses her as VP. 

Pete's biggest issue is he speaks differently than his campaign ads.   His focus on Trump and his supporters being racist will be a real hindrance.   On the stump he pushes it all the time where is ads did not.  That game has played out and now is hurting dems. 

Edited by Highmark

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree.   Nothing really about him Trump can attack.   I really feel he can win however if the economy stays strong it will be difficult.   Dem's don't elect older candidates.   Clinton and Obama were relatively young.   Carter was only 52.   Every older dem gets defeated.  Honestly I think he is too young for the position but he will be formidable.   I doubt his ground game in the upcoming states is as strong as it was in Iowa.  It should not matter but being gay will turn off some voters.    

Even if his Iowa showing was a result of a good ground game (which is in doubt, he probably just cheated), his strategy is to make a splash in Iowa and use that as a springboard to the primaries. 

It probably won't work because his candidacy is based on media hype, white idpol, and dark money. All of which will be hammered on by his opponents. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Even if his Iowa showing was a result of a good ground game (which is in doubt, he probably just cheated), his strategy is to make a splash in Iowa and use that as a springboard to the primaries. 

It probably won't work because his candidacy is based on media hype, white idpol, and dark money. All of which will be hammered on by his opponents. 

Maybe don't totally agree with the substance but in the end I think you are right that he will have peaked in Iowa.   Still doesn't change the fact that he would give Trump the toughest election IF he got the nomination. 

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pete seems more intelligent than her and she is irrelevant in this race unless the nominee chooses her as VP. 

Pete's biggest issue is he speaks differently than his campaign ads.   His focus on Trump and his supporters being racist will be a real hindrance.   On the stump he pushes it all the time where is ads did not.  That game has played out and now is hurting dems. 

Just watched 2 vids of the debate that were recorded back in Nov of 2019. How anyone can think Pete "owned" Tulsi is beyond me but I know TDS and a bunch of other emotions can skew ones viewpoint quite bad at times.

Politics and the rest of the world seem to be getting crazier all the time so who knows how far Pete can go, but personally, I just don't see him succeeding to the point where he will be up on the stage debating/fighting for Trump's presidency.