Check your account email address ×

Iowa Dem County Chair ‘Blown Away’ by Low Caucus Turnout

Hahahahaha  Thank you Pelosi and Schiff  :lol2:

The chair of Iowa's Dubuque County Democrats said he was "blown away" by the low turnout at the county's caucus Monday night.

"We were blown away by the fact that we did not have the turnout that we expected," said Steve Drahozal, chair of the Dubuque County Democrats, on the local NBC affiliate KWQC. "We had expected higher numbers."

KWQC correspondent Brian Tabick reported that just 217 people caucused at a local high school in Dubuque, an Iowa city with a population of approximately 57,000. Attendants, the correspondent said, "were expecting a much higher turnout" than they got.

https://www.google. Iowa Dem County Chair ‘Blown Away’ by Low Caucus Turnout/amp/s/freebeacon.com/politics/iowa-dem-county-chair-blown-away-by-low-caucus-turnout/amp/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Only candidate that has grassroots enthusiasm is Sanders, and it's quite obvious that the Dems would rather have Trump than win with Sanders. 

Like him or not, the hardest working and most driven on the dems is Pete. He wants this and has been doing the groundwork. He will go anywhere and talk to anyone to persuade a vote. None of the other candidates do it to his level. 

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Like him or not, the hardest working and most driven on the dems is Pete. He wants this and has been doing the groundwork. He will go anywhere and talk to anyone to persuade a vote. None of the other candidates do it to his level. 

No, he's just a fucking cheat. 

38 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, he's just a fucking cheat. 

I like him. Smartest candidate on the podium. I also agree with his health insurance ideas. He also handled tulsi’s attacks with ease. She was great at attacking every candidate and putting them on the defense. Pete simply brushed her aside. 

Edited by spin_dry

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Found it.  Nothing but a bunch of sour grapes.  He didn't cheat anyone.  Saying that makes you look foolish.  

Yeah it's just a coincidence that he was involved in all the inside baseball and knew he 'won' long before anyone else...

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I like him. Smartest candidate on the podium. I also agree with his health insurance ideas. He also handled tulsi’s attacks with ease. She was great at attacking every candidate and putting them on the defense. Pete simply brushed her aside. 

He's a rat-faced CIA asset with a load of dark money backers, no support amongst POC, and obviously there for the sole purpose of ensuring another 4 years of Trump.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

He's the only one that can challenge Trump.   His ads in Iowa were the least combative however they were mostly kumbaya and lacked policy substance.   Probably smart.  

I was never once contacted by his campaign unlike Sanders who averaged 20+ a week.   Warren campaign was rampant for a while but got the hint and took me off the list.   Sanders was annoyingly persistent to the point of he would turn even supporters off.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

He's the only one that can challenge Trump.   His ads in Iowa were the least combative however they were mostly kumbaya and lacked policy substance.   Probably smart.  

I was never once contacted by his campaign unlike Sanders who averaged 20+ a week.   Warren campaign was rampant for a while but got the hint and took me off the list.   Sanders was annoyingly persistent to the point of he would turn even supporters off.  

I agree. I’ve received a ton of emails from Bernie and Tulsi, and zero from Pete.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pete has been strongly moving around on the grass roots level. A lot of actual door to door and connecting with groups who dislike him. The guy has courage. He’s the only candidate that wouldn’t get owned by trump in a debate. He’s too tempered emotionally. 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I agree. I’ve received a ton of emails from Bernie and Tulsi, and zero from Pete.

Bernie is my first choice. Tulsi is basically an attack artist except with those things republican. Pete took her apart in debates. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Pete has been strongly moving around on the grass roots level. A lot of actual door to door and connecting with groups who dislike him. The guy has courage. He’s the only candidate that wouldn’t get owned by trump in a debate. He’s too tempered emotionally. 

I agree.   Nothing really about him Trump can attack.   I really feel he can win however if the economy stays strong it will be difficult.   Dem's don't elect older candidates.   Clinton and Obama were relatively young.   Carter was only 52.   Every older dem gets defeated.  Honestly I think he is too young for the position but he will be formidable.   I doubt his ground game in the upcoming states is as strong as it was in Iowa.  It should not matter but being gay will turn off some voters.    

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree.   Nothing really about him Trump can attack.   I really feel he can win however if the economy stays strong it will be difficult.   Dem's don't elect older candidates.   Clinton and Obama were relatively young.   Carter was only 52.   Every older dem gets defeated.  Honestly I think he is too young for the position but he will be formidable.   I doubt his ground game in the upcoming states is as strong as it was in Iowa.  It should not matter but being gay will turn off some voters.    

It will be tough, if not impossible, for him to be formidable due to his sexual preference. I don't believe the majority of the citizens will take much credence in what he has to say due to that? He is in tough, for sure. 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

It will be tough, if not impossible, for him to be formidable due to his sexual preference. I don't believe the majority of the citizens will take much credence in what he has to say due to that? He is in tough, for sure. 

I don't think his sexual preference will impact a large amount but in today's close elections it doesn't have to.  In the end people vote with their pocketbook.   Whomever they think puts the most in it generally gets the vote.   "Its the economy stupid" is probably the most accurate campaign statement ever made.   Make people feel good about where their economic situation is and will be and that alone is tough to beat.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I don't think his sexual preference will impact a large amount but in today's close elections it doesn't have to.  In the end people vote with their pocketbook.   Whomever they think puts the most in it generally gets the vote.   "Its the economy stupid" is probably the most accurate campaign statement ever made.   Make people feel good about where their economic situation is and will be and that alone is tough to beat.  

I guess we'll see? 

Is there a vid of the debate between Tulsi and him anywhere? I'd like to see that.