Check your account email address ×

bloomberg says no room for middleclass tax breaks

BOHICA

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You simply cannot collect enough from the 1% to pay the bills without massive economic impact of removing that from the private sector.   

There must be massive cuts in spending at some point.  

This ^^^^^^

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

from both sides

Sorry but the Republicans are far more hypocritical when it comes to spending. Where are the tea party patriots now?  Name one time when the Dems. shut down the government in protest of too much spending.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Sorry but the Republicans are far more hypocritical when it comes to spending. Where are the tea party patriots now?  Name one time when the Dems. shut down the government in protest of too much spending.

I was talking about voters , not pols

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

They don't.  Can you name a time a Rep President shut down the govt over not getting enough total spending?   I'm not talking about a one time item like the border wall.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

They don't.  Can you name a time a Rep President shut down the govt over not getting enough total spending?   I'm not talking about a one time item like the border wall.  

I guess that is the point,  a Rep. Pres. shuts down the Gov. for more spending, and Rep. shut down for less spending when a Dem. was Pres.  and no Rep. really says shit. Republicans only worry about spending when there is a Dem. Pres. The Dems. always want to spend more period.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I guess that is the point,  a Rep. Pres. shuts down the Gov. for more spending, and Rep. shut down for less spending when a Dem. was Pres.  and no Rep. really says shit. Republicans only worry about spending when there is a Dem. Pres. The Dems. always want to spend more period.

When did the rep Pres want to shut down govt for more spending and when did the rep shut down govt for a dem wanting less?

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When did the rep Pres want to shut down govt for more spending and when did the rep shut down govt for a dem wanting less?

Trump just did for more spending.  I guess you can't read, I said Dems. always want more spending, so it would follow that no rep. could shut down the gov. for something that never happened.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Trump just did for more spending.  I guess you can't read, I said Dems. always want more spending, so it would follow that no rep. could shut down the gov. for something that never happened.

My bad on the second one but the only reason Trump did was for border wall spending.  Total spending he was unhappy with.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My bad on the second one but the only reason Trump did was for border wall spending.  Total spending he was unhappy with.  

Yes the wall Mexico was going to pay for.  Lets face it if Trump was serious, he woudn't have  agreed to the spending. I'm sure he knows full well cutting spending will bring down GDP even more, he is a long way from the 4.4 GDP needed to cover the tax cuts.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes the wall Mexico was going to pay for.  Lets face it if Trump was serious, he woudn't have  agreed to the spending. I'm sure he knows full well cutting spending will bring down GDP even more, he is a long way from the 4.4 GDP needed to cover the tax cuts.

No silly.  Didn't you know if you ramp up spending the budget will magically balance itself.