Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

SSFB

Hood back on. Also I re-taped the airbox seams. I read somewhere that the shoddy seams can cause air leaks post made and in rare occasions, bussman level snow dust ingestion lmao. So apparently a cheap/easy fix is to duct tape the seams.

15739383478664345715984181025658.jpg

15739383745422626876967459831636.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

Hood back on. Also I re-taped the airbox seams. I read somewhere that the shoddy seams can cause air leaks post made and in rare occasions, bussman level snow dust ingestion lmao. So apparently a cheap/easy fix is to duct tape the seams.

15739383478664345715984181025658.jpg

15739383745422626876967459831636.jpg

I tttthink thats a different airbox but on the 600 iq chassis( 06 in particular) around the headlight leaks like a siv too.      a good bead of clear silicone cures that tho :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

I tttthink thats a different airbox but on the 600 iq chassis( 06 in particular) around the headlight leaks like a siv too.      a good bead of clear silicone cures that tho :thumbsup:

My headlight doesn't seem to leak water into the housing. But last year I found out that snow got in around the headlight and into the air box when I was in deep snow. So last year I got some foam strips and replaced the wore out factory foam on the tray under the instrument cluster as well as sealed the outside of the headlight housing to the hood.

I even has to get frog skin for the hood vents. This is my third IQ and I don't ever remember having a problem with snow getting under the hood, but this one sure did

16 hours ago, Tomas. said:

My headlight doesn't seem to leak water into the housing. But last year I found out that snow got in around the headlight and into the air box when I was in deep snow. So last year I got some foam strips and replaced the wore out factory foam on the tray under the instrument cluster as well as sealed the outside of the headlight housing to the hood.

I even has to get frog skin for the hood vents. This is my third IQ and I don't ever remember having a problem with snow getting under the hood, but this one sure did

:thumbsup:           YES! frogskin pre filter became very popular on the IQs.