Check your account email address ×

snowmobile topic

2015 Ski-Doo 600 carb, went to get friends sled out of trailer to get ready to sell and decided to fire mine up, lost dash and lights, on my old 800 it was the voltage regulator, should I check that first or has anybody had other issues, it did blink and beep on occasion on last ride last season...... thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Relay.  On my 800 it’s between the airbox and the oil jug, slide the airbox out to get at it.

That would happen on the 1200s all the time. Wasnt aware it was an issue at all on the 2 strokes

29 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Relay.  On my 800 it’s between the airbox and the oil jug, slide the airbox out to get at it.

can I pull the oil tank and get at it looks like a pain in the ass to pull airbox, what about pulling the upper pod like I did to install helmet plug is regulator in same area, never had to do anything to this sled yet so not familiar with the XP's part locations

The airbox slides out super easy.  Just behind the secondary clutch there is a plastic tab you flex to release like a latch, then the thing slides to the clutch side, off the piece that is clamped to the carbs.  Have to rotate and unlock the duct that hooks it to the upper air chamber first though.  Don’t loose the o-ring that’s in there.

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That would happen on the 1200s all the time. Wasnt aware it was an issue at all on the 2 strokes

Yeah it’s common in the carb ones anyhow, not sure about the e-tecs. Don’t know why they had to hide it where they did, instead of by the chaincase with the other relay that’s used to charge the battery.  French dipshits.  

20 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Yeah it’s common in the carb ones anyhow, not sure about the e-tecs. Don’t know why they had to hide it where they did, instead of by the chaincase with the other relay that’s used to charge the battery.  French dipshits.  

would this cause the gauges to act funny, when I started it it started through it's self diagnose mode and stopped gauges are stuck at 40mph and 3k on tach and no head/tail lights

Edited by 01mxz800

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Relays go on the carb"d 600"s. I've never had one go but carried a spare after having to tow a buddies sled. Another buddy had one go but he was lucky it was in his garage

20190902_191422.jpg

not affecting the running only dash and lights, my old '01 800 would do the same thing and it was voltage regulator never left me by the side of the trail just be home or on the trailer before sundown

7 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

not affecting the running only dash and lights, my old '01 800 would do the same thing and it was voltage regulator never left me by the side of the trail just be home or on the trailer before sundown

Likely voltage regulator or stator 

44 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

would this cause the gauges to act funny, when I started it it started through it's self diagnose mode and stopped gauges are stuck at 40mph and 3k on tach and no head/tail lights

Yes if that relay is inoperative it will  not have gauges or lights and the gauges will stick where they were when the relay went open circuit.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

had relay in stock and swapped it out fixed problem THANKS GUYS!:bc: going to buy a spare and put in tool kit...…...which I got when I bought it:guzzle:

Good to hear! I put a little kit together with 4 of each fuse,a relay,elec tape, a jumper wire,zip ties and some fire starter in a baggie just in case.

Just now, smokin george said:

Good to hear! I put a little kit together with 4 of each fuse,a relay,elec tape, a jumper wire,zip ties and some fire starter in a baggie just in case.

got all the fuses in there 1st relay I have ever had go bad was easy to get out and I can see where it could be easy to loose o ring