Check your account email address ×

Tapper: Why no charges against businesses in ICE raids?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Everybody here has said all along that if you punish business owners hard that hire illegals the problem will get better yet here is Racer saying hold on a minute...WTF.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Everybody here has said all along that if you punish business owners hard that hire illegals the problem will get better yet here is Racer saying hold on a minute...WTF.

You know damn well that the businesses that got raided will shut down for a week or two and gear back up with a whole new round of illegal workers. Racer has become excellent entertainment here. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

You know damn well that the businesses that got raided will shut down for a week or two and gear back up with a whole new round of illegal workers. Racer has become excellent entertainment here. 

Absolutely.....this has been going on for years and it will continue Trump or no Trump.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely.....this has been going on for years and it will continue Trump or no Trump.

During the early Obama administration charges against employers hit a high of 25 nationwide per year. Now it’s down to 11. Both are ridiculous numbers. 

I see none of you pushing for the business to get charges have answered the simple question I posed. 

These "illegals" are able to provide all the paper work and if the business has done everything required, what more can they do?  You know exactly what I am talking about and what would happen, you are just to afraid to say it or understand it.  Instead, you would rather say that I am sticking up for something that I am not, because of your ignorance.  Dipshits. 

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I see none of you pushing for the business to get charges have answered the simple question I posed. 

These "illegals" are able to provide all the paper work and if the business has done everything required, what more can they do?  You know exactly what I am talking about and what would happen, you are just to afraid to say it or understand it.  Instead, you would rather say that I am sticking up for something that I am not, because of your ignorance.  Dipshits. 

Already answered...if ICE knew there illegals working there how come the business owners did not and what inntue fuck would anybody be “afraid” of? The raids in Mississippi were a dog and pony show designed to show people that Trump is cracking down on illegals. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Already answered...if ICE knew there illegals working there how come the business owners did not and what inntue fuck would anybody be “afraid” of? The raids in Mississippi were a dog and pony show designed to show people that Trump is cracking down on illegals. 

Exactly. 

Great, punish the business if they did something wrong, but in 5 years when businesses stop hiring the stereotypical person that looks like an illegal to them, there will be people like spin-dry bitching.  Mark my words.

Maybe they need to fix the root of the problem.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Exactly. 

Well to be perfectly fair feds/states would have access to SS information that a company wouldn't.   For example if a FICA was being collected on a specific SS number in multiple area's where one couldn't be working during the same day.  

I want employers punished but we must at least give them all the tools needed to know who is here legally and who is not and it must go beyond just being given a SS number.  

If these companies didn't at least have them fill out I-9's and send for verification they are liable too in my book.  Keep in mind false information can be given on an I-9 and they show up as "legal."  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well to be perfectly fair feds/states would have access to SS information that a company wouldn't.   For example if a FICA was being collected on a specific SS number in multiple area's where one couldn't be working during the same day.  

I want employers punished but we must at least give them all the tools needed to know who is here legally and who is not and it must go beyond just being given a SS number.  

If these companies didn't at least have them fill out I-9's and send for verification they are liable too in my book.  Keep in mind false information can be given on an I-9 and they show up as "legal."  

No way, if ICE knows they are illegal then the business should as well.   Sorry, just being sarcastic.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well then that’s an issue and it needs to be addressed...IMO they really don’t want the businesses to know and to be held liable.

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh give me a break. These weren’t businesses with just a few illegals that slipped through. They were gross violators of the law. 

Oh give me a break. These weren’t businesses with just a few illegals that slipped through. They were gross violators of the law. 

Yes and if they didn't at least do I-9's they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.   

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My god is racer dumber than fuck

Sorry, but I can see the future with the liberal bullshit weeded out.  Maybe you should go back to talking about slitting throats and the 4th for a while.  LOL.  Bent ben is at it again.  I just can't fathom the way spin et all keep falling for the bullshit.  All it takes is a child crying and they are all emotional.

Edited by racer254

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

During the early Obama administration charges against employers hit a high of 25 nationwide per year. Now it’s down to 11. Both are ridiculous numbers. 

They are ridiculous numbers. Contractors who are doing the right thing, paying comp, ss , unemployment should not have to compete against others who are avoiding those costs by hiring illegals.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They are ridiculous numbers. Contractors who are doing the right thing, paying comp, ss , unemployment should not have to compete against others who are avoiding those costs by hiring illegals.

It might not be so bad if the costs were being passed on the consumer. We know that’s not true. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Employers need to see 2 forms of ID for new hires. One must be a picture ID. Did this Missi company have those on file?

Just now, spin_dry said:

It might not be so bad if the costs were being passed on the consumer. We know that’s not true. 

And most in the const industry are paying them cash. Willing to bet almost all are selling more cash jobs then what it takes to cover payroll. So not only are the employees not paying taxes but neither are the employers.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And most in the const industry are paying them cash. Willing to bet almost all are selling more cash jobs then what it takes to cover payroll. So not only are the employees not paying taxes but neither are the employers.

Yeah they are. TBH i wish they would go after the employers more so for tax evasion than hiring illegals. It a big problem for contractors in our industry and the pollacks are the biggest perpetrators. They have all kinds of games they play with that. 

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The hospitality industry is notorious for that. There’s an owner of several restaurants in the area that pays some employees cash and the others a taxed wage. The cash workers are mostly illegals. He does it to maximize profits while covering his ass. 

The hospitality industry is notorious for that. There’s an owner of several restaurants in the area that pays some employees cash and the others a taxed wage. The cash workers are mostly illegals. He does it to maximize profits while covering his ass. 

Bigtime. All kitchen staff . When they were talking about wanting to bust 2000 a few months back one of my employees said " why don't they just go to new developments and restaurants"