Check your account email address ×

Thoughts on Bernie offering to pay off student loan debt

Just now, racer254 said:

Let's see if we can get to a common ground.  What makes them unemployable? 

substance abuse, mental health issues, debilitating physical issues, abject stupidity, etc.

Pretty simple really.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

To some degree I beg to differ.   If life on the govt isn't great it can force people to straighten the fuck up.  

We have talked all the time about parents being too good to their kids as it creates a person unwilling to help themselves.   There is no reason we should not with some people think of govt in the same way. 

Like I said in another post while I think it can be done better thru private charity I accept govt needs some role in welfare however the libs absolutely refuse to acknowledge that at some point some people need to be cut off or at bare minimum make them work to receive help.   The earned income child credit is a good example of that.  

All good points that I agree with. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, frenchy said:

speaks to the 'unemployability' aspect I mentioned.

Sure but see my post above.   Doesn't mean those we think of as unemployable yet still capable should be taken care of for the rest of their lives.  

Also unemployable to you are me doesn't mean to everyone else.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Let's see if we can get to a common ground.  What makes them unemployable? 

The same thing that makes you unemployable. Extremely low intellect

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It does below about an 80 IQ or so

Not so sure I put an exact number on it.   If you can follow simple orders, work hard and handle authority you can earn a good living.   Plenty of mentally handicapped people hold down jobs.

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It does below about an 80 IQ or so

Not saying your incorrect, but many mammals can do basic commands for work.

For the sake of argument, if those same people went to college, do you think we should pay off their student loans?

Edited by racer254

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not so sure I put an exact number on it.   If you can follow simple orders, work hard and handle authority you can earn a good living.   Plenty of mentally handicapped people hold down jobs.

Why don’t you just come right out and say what you really mean which is kick everybody off social welfare programs regardless and if they survive great...if not fuck ‘em.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Not saying your incorrect, but many mammals can do basic commands for work.

For the sake of argument, if those same people went to college, do you think we should pay off their student loans?

You talk about finding common ground and then say this stupid shit. 😂

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why don’t you just come right out and say what you really mean which is kick everybody off social welfare programs regardless and if they survive great...if not fuck ‘em.

Exactly

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

SMH.   Why is it people like you have to assume the extreme.   Fuck is wrong with you?   Virtually every topic is like that.  :thumbsdown:

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

SMH.   Why is it people like you have to assume the extreme.   Fuck is wrong with you?   Virtually every topic is like that.  :thumbsdown:

Why is people like you just can’t be honest instead of tiptoeing around subjects?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This.   Because they have no logical solution to the problem.  NO ONE is saying kick everyone off social welfare, but in no way, shape, or form should multiple generations be on it.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Derp derp derp......if a dog can learn to roll over people can find jobs and don't need help derp

if those same people went to college, do you think we should pay off their student loans?  Noticed you failed to answer that question.

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

This.   Because they have no logical solution to the problem.  NO ONE is saying kick everyone off social welfare, but in no way, shape, or form should multiple generations be on it.

And your solution is to talk about mammals being trainable....idiot.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why is people like you just can’t be honest instead of tiptoeing around subjects?

Yes because the amazing Jimmy knows how I feel.  :lol:   Dude get over yourself already.  

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

yes plenty do but there are plenty who really can't as well.  the ones who can work tend to be very good at basic repetitive tasks those that can't may have issues that make it tough for them or for the employer to actually employ them.  

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes because the amazing Jimmy knows how I feel.  :lol:   Dude get over yourself already.  

Not amazing and your words are your words....we all have opinions on this...it is what it is.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not amazing and your words are your words....we all have opinions on this...it is what it is.

"regardless if they survive"  Heartstrings.  Do you think they will survive only if we all pay off the student loans.  LOL. 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And my words do not at all match your opinion.   Nice try though.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And my words do not at all match your opinion.   Nice try though.  

Fine and If my opinion is wrong than I apologize but I do think we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one....either way there is still a labor shortage no matter the reasons.