Check your account email address ×

15 Year Old Dies During MotoX Race at Baja Acres

4 hours ago, The One said:

Wrong 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, you are!!!!

Damn......either of you guys ever race a dirt bike?  Thats one way to settle this!  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn......either of you guys ever race a dirt bike?  Thats one way to settle this!  :lol: 

I had a 175 Kawasaki Enduro ( Street/Trail ) Rotary Valve engine. Not a good engine.

I also had a 250 Honda Elsinore ( Street/Trail ) That was a good bike. I used to rip around the trails and gravel pits a few miles away. 

Mid 1970s.

Never raced in organized Motocross. Risk of injury didn't appeal to me. 

Even the BEST racers crash. 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He's 800 Dragon-in-disguise. He's a fraud, and has been for 12 years. 

6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had a 175 Kawasaki Enduro ( Street/Trail ) Rotary Valve engine. Not a good engine.

I also had a 250 Honda Elsinore ( Street/Trail ) That was a good bike. I used to rip around the trails and gravel pits a few miles away. 

Mid 1970s.

Never raced in organized Motocross. Risk of injury didn't appeal to me. 

Even the BEST racers crash. 

Cool.  We always say, “its not a matter of if, but when and how bad”.  My brother had one of those Kawiesnwith the rotary valve, and the carb hanging off the side.  We crashed each other out one day, and it ripped the carb right off the bike.  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Cool.  We always say, “its not a matter of if, but when and how bad”.  My brother had one of those Kawiesnwith the rotary valve, and the carb hanging off the side.  We crashed each other out one day, and it ripped the carb right off the bike.  :lol: 

Yeah, that Kawasaki was nothing but trouble, basically a lemon-bike. 

I firmly believe a person can operate at reasonable speed, and never get in a crash, in most cases. 

Competition racing no matter how good you are, is JUST A MATTER OF TIME. 

My buddy had a 175 YAMAHA Enduro. You could not kill that thing!!! It was the most dependable thing going. 

I sometimes toy with the idea of getting a new Street/Trail bike just to tool around the back roads. However, around here I'm seeing so many bad driving incidents, I don't trust the other drivers.

I used to ride up near Waitsfield, Vt. I'm thinking Vermont might still be good for riding. 

Around here, you really need to ride around in a cement delivery truck to feel safe. 

Who was that great Sled-Racer that got crippled a year or two ago in a bad accident?

One of the best racers going...…………...but even his number came up. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

By is still good riding. So isn't western nh

Yeah, once you get away from this general area it thins out. 

Heavily-populated areas suck. The traffic sucks, and too many of the people suck. 

I can not believe how some people like BOSTON!!!!  

56 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Who was that great Sled-Racer that got crippled a year or two ago in a bad accident?

One of the best racers going...…………...but even his number came up. 

That was several years ago now. It was Blair Morgan. He was a Canadian champion in motocross. I had the pleasure of watching him race motocross for years. His battles with Jean Sebastian Roy were incredible.

Edited by small-bore

3 minutes ago, small-bore said:

That was several years ago now. It was Blair Morgan. He was a Canadian champion in motocross. I had the pleasure of watching him race motocross for years. His battles with Jean Sebastian Roy were incredible.

Practicing for the Montreal race? Was a dark day.....

JSR was the man on that 250 2s!!

40 minutes ago, small-bore said:

Absolutely those two were fast as hell and it’s tragic what happened to Blair.  A good buddy of mine ( Mike Treadwell) was friends with Carl Vaillancourt, who was Canadian national champ for a while back in the 90s.  Mike raced the Canadian nationals for a couple years too.  Carl stayed at Mikes house right up the road and I got to ride with him several times back in the day at our local practice track.  Good dude and fast as hell. :bc: 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, The One said:

Wrong lmao and that is the truth !!!!

Just shut the fuck up, OK? Whoever you are, you're a faggot. End of story. Quit holding onto my coat-tails. I know I'm big around here, but get lost. You're like MAcron running around the stage, trying to stand next to Trump for the class photo!!!!  :lol2:

Fuck the spectators and the glory, it's not worth dying for. Fuck that.

However, if someone gave me a 42' Fountain with triple 1350s, I'd slam that fukker out the Newburyport Jetties at 85, jumping those rollers like Reggie Fountain himself!!!!

On 6/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, small-bore said:

Yup, I spent an entire lap pinned under my bike with a flagger standing 5 feet away. Stupid cunt heard he wasn't supposed to assist a rider with his bike so he just stood there and watched with no other rider's around. I was yelling at him the whole time. It's not like I wanted him to pick it up and start it for me. All I wanted was for him to throw it off of me. I ended up getting myself out from under the bike.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, DriftBusta said:

Been there. :lol:  :bc: 

Reminds me of Bussman(?) blowing the corner and his sled pinning him down. Still there when we found him....

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

Reminds me of Bussman(?) blowing the corner and his sled pinning him down. Still there when we found him....

I think you mean Bobby?  Didnt you have that on the Go Pro?

4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Just shut the fuck up, OK? Whoever you are, you're a faggot. End of story. Quit holding onto my coat-tails. I know I'm big around here, but get lost. You're like MAcron running around the stage, trying to stand next to Trump for the class photo!!!!  :lol2:

Ur a big homo ! True dat!!!