Check your account email address ×

Required viewing for deniers

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I don't expect you to worry or understand.  You quoted three articles and didn't understand one of them. 

You're hilarious, Kev. Thanks for the entertainment! :bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

What a fucking dipshit.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings snowflake. 

I have a theory that people with air-conditioning tend to hide indoors when it get hot outside.  If you slowly aclimatize to warmer temps you can handle going out and enjoying the summer. 

Air conditioning is what causes wimps like you to complain about if being too hot out. 

But then again you rarely leave your basement so it wouldn't matter anyway. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I have a theory that people with air-conditioning tend to hide indoors when it get hot outside.  If you slowly aclimatize to warmer temps you can handle going out and enjoying the summer. 

Air conditioning is what causes wimps like you to complain about if being too hot out. 

So you cannot afford central air. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

But if the earth warms up 0.4 -0.6 degrees over the next 50 years we are all doomed!?!? :wacko:

• Haha 2

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

So you cannot afford central air. 

It's stupidly cheap. Who can't afford it? 

It's not necessary. My house is well insulated with lots of trees and near the river.  

I also own a factory. If I get use to 75 degrees at home and go into the 90 degree factory it would floor me. 

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Nice theory.....human temperature acclimation.. 

You should tell somebody about it.

Major whoopeedoo:

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures have warmed roughly 1.33°F (0.74ºC) over the last century, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (see page 2 of the IPCC's Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report Summary for Policymakers (PDF)). More than half of this warming—about 0.72°F (0.4°C)—has occurred since 1979. Because oceans tend to warm and cool more slowly than land areas, continents have warmed the most (about 1.26°F or 0.7ºC since 1979), especially over the Northern Hemisphere.

The year 1998 was the warmest on record for the contiguous United States, followed closely by 2006 and 1934, according to the National Climatic Data Center. In 2008, the U.S. saw its coolest year in more than a decade. It was the first time since 1997 that the nation has been close to its 100-year average temperature (though 2008 was still slightly above that norm). The United States was actually one of the least-warm spots on Earth in 2008 when compared to local averages. The globe as a whole had its coolest year since 2000, but the global average for 2008 was still warmer than any year from 1880 to 1996, according to NCDC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Where did you get those numbers?

It was just an "educated" guess based on how much the earth has warmed since 1880.

According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by about 0.8° Celsius (1.4° Fahrenheit) since 1880.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I doubt you had a 100 year flood every year when you were a kid. But they will be having them now. Enjoy. 

Not every year, but one within every 10 years. :bc:  The weather has changed significantly since I was a kid as far as our falls and springs go.  Fall used to be much cooler and far wetter.  The farmers like the change big time.  Spring has been much cooler now., unfortunately.  Here, only 50% of the fields are planted because of such a cool and wet spring.  Many of the farmers aren't going to plant as it's too late for corn.  They're going with the insurance payments instead of putting a crop in that may not mature.  Most of corn crops that are in will be used for silage. We're even getting close to the cutoff for soybeans.

Edited by SmeeAgain

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Was 45* here this morning, 65 now. Wish we would get more warmer Ave. temps. 1.4 degrees over normal ave. in the last 100 years is zip.

Doesn’t sound like much at just a surface glance.  Instead, think about how many gigamillions of btu’s It would take to alter the earths temp just 1 degree.  That’s a lot of power.  How many more billions of gallons of liquid ocean water does that enable to be taken up as water vapor?  All that additional energy and moisture combines to provide storms with massive amounts of additional ammo to be far more catastrophic.  

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

It's stupidly cheap. Who can't afford it? 

It's not necessary. My house is well insulated with lots of trees and near the river.  

I also own a factory. If I get use to 75 degrees at home and go into the 90 degree factory it would floor me. 

You own nothing and live in daddy's house. Loser.

4 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

Not every year, but one within every 10 years. :bc:  The weather has changed significantly since I was a kid as far as our falls and springs go.  Fall used to be much cooler and far wetter.  The farmers like the change big time.  Spring has been much cooler now., unfortunately.  Here, only 50% of the fields are planted because of such a cool and wet spring.  Many of the farmers aren't going to plant as it's too late for corn.  They're going with the insurance payments instead of putting a crop in that may not mature.  Most of corn crops that are in will be used for silage. We're even getting close to the cutoff for soybeans.

If you do not plant you cannot make an insurance claim.

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

If you do not plant you cannot make an insurance claim.

A retired farmer (very successful) that I know very well comes in to the office a few times a month.  He's still working for a buddy during the planting season.  That's what he said and I'm pretty sure he would know.  Maybe it's insurance dependent. :dunno: To me, it would make sense to actually have to have the costs involved to be able to make a claim, but Bob said otherwise. If he comes in before this thread falls off the first page, I'll ask him.

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

A retired farmer (very successful) that I know very well comes in to the office a few times a month.  He's still working for a buddy during the planting season.  That's what he said and I'm pretty sure he would know.  Maybe it's insurance dependent. :dunno: To me, it would make sense to actually have to have the costs involved to be able to make a claim, but Bob said otherwise. If he comes in before this thread falls off the first page, I'll ask him.

Couldbe a rider in the policy stating if you are unable to plant you cn claim it but it is news to me

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

Doesn’t sound like much at just a surface glance.  Instead, think about how many gigamillions of btu’s It would take to alter the earths temp just 1 degree.  That’s a lot of power.  How many more billions of gallons of liquid ocean water does that enable to be taken up as water vapor?  All that additional energy and moisture combines to provide storms with massive amounts of additional ammo to be far more catastrophic.  

Don’t tell them what happens when the permafrost isn’t so permanent anymore. 

18 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Don’t tell them what happens when the permafrost isn’t so permanent anymore. 

nothing happens. WGAS. The climate will change and taxing us will do nothing to stop that.  Life will go on and we will simply adapt to the new normal. if you think we will not find, extract and burn every drop of fossil fuels on this globe, you are fucking retarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

nothing happens. WGAS. The climate will change and taxing us will do nothing to stop that.  Life will go on and we will simply adapt to the new normal. if you think we will not find, extract and burn every drop of fossil fuels on this globe, you are fucking retarded.

Of course you know more than Nobel prize winning economists. After all you have at least your high school equivalency. :lol:

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

You mean like what's happened many times before??

So old fart. What are you going to say to your grand kids when they ask how much it would have cost you to tackle climate change at the turn of the century?