Check your account email address ×

The $62 Billion secret of Warren Buffett’s success

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:The hypocrisy of the left.

In the latest and largest example, Mr Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has been able to defer $61.9bn of corporate taxes, the company revealed in its annual report

https://www.ft.com/content/9c690e44-c1d2-11e4-abb3-00144feab7de

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/05/12/heres-how-berkshire-hathaway-gets-a-63-billion-int.aspx

Just now, Anler said:

Ive been telling you for like 10 years that rich people dont pay taxes and you keep disagreeing with me. Paying taxes is for working stiffs... :news:

According to the left I'm rich and I can tell you I pay a lot of fucking taxes.  When you take everything 48-52%.   

See I really don't care if people like Buffett and MC use legal methods to avoid taxes.   What I have a problem is people like them telling me I'm not paying my fair share.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

According to the left I'm rich and I can tell you I pay a lot of fucking taxes.  When you take everything 48-52%.   

See I really don't care if people like Buffett and MC use legal methods to avoid taxes.   What I have a problem is people like them telling me I'm not paying my fair share.  

I don't know how "rich" you are but unless you are making millions every year you are not rich enough to stop paying taxes. You can't get a paycheck and avoid taxes. So if you aren't rich enough to stop receiving a paycheck every week or two then you ain't rich...

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

According to the left, if you make more than them you are rich.

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't know how "rich" you are but unless you are making millions every year you are not rich enough to stop paying taxes. You can't get a paycheck and avoid taxes. So if you aren't rich enough to stop receiving a paycheck every week or two then you ain't rich...

Read more slowly.   I am part of the group they constantly say does not pay their fair share.   I will be hit by increased taxes under Hillary's plan.

Sure I could avoid some taxes like MC but my accountant and tax attorney always like to play it safe.   That is starting to change.

Its also bullshit saying all the rich, even the ultra wealthy ones don't pay taxes.  

See table 3 and 4 or 6 and 7. 

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-0

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Read more slowly.   I am part of the group they constantly say does not pay their fair share.   I will be hit by increased taxes under Hillary's plan.

Sure I could avoid some taxes like MC but my accountant and tax attorney always like to play it safe.   That is starting to change.

Its also bullshit saying all the rich, even the ultra wealthy ones don't pay taxes.  

Well we both know thats bullshit because we are most likely both in the top tax brackets. Its the mega millionaires and billionaires who arent paying taxes. And that should anger you, Because they are taking advantage of things that enable them to be successful and they arent contributing. Things that you and i have contributed to.

Just now, Anler said:

Well we both know thats bullshit because we are most likely both in the top tax brackets. Its the mega millionaires and billionaires who arent paying taxes. And that should anger you, Because they are taking advantage of things that enable them to be successful and they arent contributing. Things that you and i have contributed to.

Dude, my facts come from the IRS.

The top .1% (of which I'm not in) earn 11.2% of the adjusted gross income in our country yet pay 18.6% of individual income taxes.

While they did pay a slightly lower % than the top 1% it was still close to 22%.

See table 8

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

So who is going to stop that, it won't be Trump or Hillary.  The only thing they will do in increase tax rates and hit the middle class more. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude, my facts come from the IRS.

The top .1% (of which I'm not in) earn 11.2% of the adjusted gross income in our country yet pay 18.6% of individual income taxes.

While they did pay a slightly lower % than the top 1% it was still close to 22%.

See table 8

Here we go again....

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Here we go again....

We are going nowhere.   I'm providing facts.   Sure some mega wealthy both legally and illegally avoid taxes but the facts from the IRS are clear.

You have NOTHING to show for your opinion.  

In 2012 136,000 tax filers of the top .1% paid $220,000,000,000 in taxes.   That averages $1,618,000 per return.  You needed to earn a bit over $2.1 million to be considered in the top .1%.   For every guy like Trump writing losses forward to not pay taxes another person is taking it in the ass as they don't have a legal method to avoid them.  

Edited by Highmark