Check your account email address ×

Two Detroit Cops Collect over 100G’s in OT Pay

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know when it happened...WTF does that have to do with anything? WW2 was almost 80 years ago...should we stop talking about it because it's bad for the war industry? 

How many movies made about WW2 concentrate on how the war effected the environment and it's after effects?    Just saying. 

Edited by racer254

BTW:

The Obama administration's FY 2010 budget request drastically reduced funding for the Nuclear Power 2010 program, with only $20 million requested for that fiscal year, versus $177.5 million for fiscal 2009. The budget cuts brought criticism from the nuclear industry, and the US Congress, which has the final decision on appropriations, allocated $105 million for FY 2010. For FY 2011, the budget request was zero, on the basis that the program had been successfully completed. While the broad outlines of US nuclear policy, on matters such as energy independence and controlling carbon emissions remain the same, each new administration brings shifts in policy

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How many movies made about WW2 concentrate on how the war effected the environment and it's after effects?    Just saying. 

You really cannot be as dumb as you appear. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You're as bad as fucking Racer....gee whiz Chernobyl isn't good for the industry...give your goddamned head a shake. 

Overreact much, Jimmy? :wacko:

I'm in the process of watching it. Just finished the 1st show and am now watching the 2nd. I had no idea, like I stated, what this was about. When I heard it was a HBO series, I assumed it was more fiction than fact and would be full of Hollywood spin. Sorry I upset you so greatly, Snacks.

So far, from what we have been told, it is pretty much spot on as far as the cover up goes and them showcasing the insane operator who was responsible for the disaster.

As far as this being a antiNuclear propaganda series, the jury is still out as like Racer said, world wide nuclear is being shuttered so who knows? We'll see how it goes and what they get into but propaganda aside, this will definitely affect the industry further.

4 hours ago, irv said:

Most "all" shows are like that where they use what "ifs" or other types of fear mongering to keep you watching. I am, of course, familiar with what happened at Chernobyl but I don't ever recall hearing that one? What is the actual/full name of the show? It's highly unlikely it is currently airing up here but I might be able to catch it somehow? 

What unfathomable disaster is that? Like above, I haven't heard that one before either? Chernobyl was a disaster from the get go! The operator ignored all warning signals and ignored the advice of others around him yet he kept moving forward with the test. The age of Chernobyl didn't help matters much either, which is another point in itself, as, the more people who complain about Nuclear, the more the old technology stays in place. 

Age?   Reactor 4 was just recently put online when the accident occurred.  So many variables but cutting corners played a huge role.  

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Overreact much, Jimmy? :wacko:

I'm in the process of watching it. Just finished the 1st show and am now watching the 2nd. I had no idea, like I stated, what this was about. When I heard it was a HBO series, I assumed it was more fiction than fact and would be full of Hollywood spin. Sorry I upset you so greatly, Snacks.

So far, from what we have been told, it is pretty much spot on as far as the cover up goes and them showcasing the insane operator who was responsible for the disaster.

As far as this being a antiNuclear propaganda series, the jury is still out as like Racer said, world wide nuclear is being shuttered so who knows? We'll see how it goes and what they get into but propaganda aside, this will definitely affect the industry further.

I'm not overreacting but it clearly is a factual docudrama about the worst nuclear fuckup in history....funny but you had no idea what it was about yet you assumed it was some phony nuke hit piece even after HM posted the link that says how accurate the makers of the show tried to be. Meanwhile dopey Racer is worried about how they portray the after affects on the environment...SMH.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

245 State Police troopers earned more than $200,000 last year

A state trooper who fired his rifle during a recent confrontation with a Cape Verdean man was roundly condemned after it was revealed that he had written racist comments online. But Matthew Sheehan’s pay also raised eyebrows: He took home $237,468 last year.

Those earnings, however, are not unusual at a state agency where 245 troopers — or about 12 percent of the force — made more than $200,000 last year, often by working long overtime shifts or taking on multiple details directing traffic or providing security at special events,    Four troopers collected more than $300,000, including three who were given sizable buyouts when they retired amid controversy. The median pay for a state trooper was $145,413. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Age?   Reactor 4 was just recently put online when the accident occurred.  So many variables but cutting corners played a huge role.  

It was completed years ago and therefore the original technology was even more dated. That was my point. Despite unit 4 being brought on line last, it is, exactly, the same age/technology as the first one. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not overreacting but it clearly is a factual docudrama about the worst nuclear fuckup in history....funny but you had no idea what it was about yet you assumed it was some phony nuke hit piece even after HM posted the link that says how accurate the makers of the show tried to be. Meanwhile dopey Racer is worried about how they portray the after affects on the environment...SMH.

Like I said, when I read HBO I assumed a Hollywood type spin series, not a docudrama. Still, with what I just finished watching and like I said earlier, I still don't ever recall hearing about that woman that allegedly saved millions by stopping the core from melting into those water tanks? Not saying it isn't true but I am not writing off the fact it could be added drama just for effect? 

Many stories exist out there and like we've seen so far, don't necessarily believe we know everything as I would assume beyond a reasonable doubt, much information was kept secret/covered up. https://www.history.com/topics/1980s/chernobyl