Check your account email address ×

Chevy test dummy?

So at work today, the subject of chosen pick ups by scrapers came up. They always drive Chevy or Ferds and never Dodge? Granted,they buy them when they are near death and probably cheat death every time they drive them. The green pipe we took out today may weigh just over 2k? It’s hard to estimate,because it is loaded with scale. The pipe we gave them is 8” scheduled 40 with heavy fittings welded on,plus some good amount of scale weight inside the pipe. I have no idea what the weight of the rest of their scrap weight is, just the shit they got from us. These two guys come around every Friday,with the same truck for about two months. These fuckers can put a truck through a test!

66F34A2A-74AB-49D8-863D-8A06DAFF3908.jpeg

0D3A7C33-E23C-4430-843F-44C6802D6C67.jpeg

I see a few of those trucks cruising the hood every week on garbage night. Anything metal is always gone in the morning.

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I see a few of those trucks cruising the hood every week on garbage night. Anything metal is always gone in the morning.

The town I live in is cracking down on them. That truck would be pulled over and towed away. That thing could have 4K in the back of it?  The job isn’t in Chicago where you see it a few times a day. This was just west of Oakbrook.

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

So at work today, the subject of chosen pick ups by scrapers came up. They always drive Chevy or Ferds and never Dodge? Granted,they buy them when they are near death and probably cheat death every time they drive them. The green pipe we took out today may weigh just over 2k? It’s hard to estimate,because it is loaded with scale. The pipe we gave them is 8” scheduled 40 with heavy fittings welded on,plus some good amount of scale weight inside the pipe. I have no idea what the weight of the rest of their scrap weight is, just the shit they got from us. These two guys come around every Friday,with the same truck for about two months. These fuckers can put a truck through a test!

0D3A7C33-E23C-4430-843F-44C6802D6C67.jpeg

Nothing runs badly as long as a smallblock does.

• Haha 1