Check your account email address ×

radar

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, odot1 said:

Don't waste money on jammers..  They don't work..  Well, maybe .1% of the time.  Valentine One still the best.  We have devices to detect detectors..  Not sure about where you are.  Waze can help.  But we go on Waze all the time and add fake traps.  Slows down the traffic without even trying!!  

Who is we?

4 hours ago, odot1 said:

Don't waste money on jammers..  They don't work..  Well, maybe .1% of the time.  Valentine One still the best.  We have devices to detect detectors..  Not sure about where you are.  Waze can help.  But we go on Waze all the time and add fake traps.  Slows down the traffic without even trying!!  

I should get on waze a start doing that.:lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

VG2..

Most good detectors have Shadow Technology it works by masking the oscillation frequency of the detector, which hides it from police VG-2.

We have a huge locker full of seized RADAR detectors that says otherwise.  You have to spend a lot of $$ to get one that truly hides from the Spectre RDD. Even several Valentines in there.  

2 hours ago, odot1 said:

We have a huge locker full of seized RADAR detectors that says otherwise.  You have to spend a lot of $$ to get one that truly hides from the Spectre RDD. Even several Valentines in there.  

1 of my grand daughters  is a cop, her patrol car Ka radar does not pick up my radar detectors..I own 2 hand held Radar guns, one is a police Decatur htrcr-1kd Genesis, this 1 came from a law enforcement supply store that I'm able to buy from..this gun also cannot detect my radar detector..it all depends on what someone is willing to spend for good equipment. BTW, in Wisconsin it's legal to use Radar Detectors.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

1 of my grand daughters  is a cop, her patrol car Ka radar does not pick up my radar detectors..I own 2 hand held Radar guns, one is a police Decatur htrcr-1kd Genesis, this 1 came from a law enforcement supply store that I'm able to buy from..this gun also cannot detect my radar detector..it all depends on what someone is willing to spend for good equipment. BTW, in Wisconsin it's legal to use Radar Detectors.

It's not the RADAR devices that pick it up.  It's the standalone Spectre RDD.  It's only purpose is to sniff out RADAR detectors and it is pretty impressive at doing it.  Even Valentines have been seized.  Our traffic units have both a RADAR unit AND the Spectre.  

Edited by odot1

19 minutes ago, odot1 said:

It's not the RADAR devices that pick it up.  It's the standalone Spectre RDD.  It's only purpose is to sniff out RADAR detectors and it is pretty impressive at doing it.  Even Valentines have been seized.  Our traffic units have both a RADAR unit AND the Spectre.  

I just spoke to her on the phone, she said the RDD she has in her Patrol car can not pick up the detectors I'm using, I assumed it was the "Gun" that is used to detect detectors, that was wrong she said..she's at work now but will call me later to explain it more., she was curious why anyone would care though as it's legal to use a Detector here but she said she loves it when someone can't figure out how she clocked them..LOL

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I just spoke to her on the phone, she said the RDD she has in her Patrol car can not pick up the detectors I'm using, I assumed it was the "Gun" that is used to detect detectors, that was wrong she said..she's at work now but will call me later to explain it more., she was curious why anyone would care though as it's legal to use a Detector here but she said she loves it when someone can't figure out how she clocked them..LOL

Detector use is illegal here.  That's why we use the Spectre.  Like I said...it seems to kick ass.  Our traffic guys are building quite the collection.  If it's not illegal where you are, I'd just buy a decent one that filters out the new guidance and warning systems used in newer vehicles.  Just didn't want anyone spending huge $$ thinking that their detector was immune only to lose it and be fined.  That would suck!!!!

1 minute ago, odot1 said:

Detector use is illegal here.  That's why we use the Spectre.  Like I said...it seems to kick ass.  Our traffic guys are building quite the collection.  If it's not illegal where you are, I'd just buy a decent one that filters out the new guidance and warning systems used in newer vehicles.  Just didn't want anyone spending huge $$ thinking that their detector was immune only to lose it and be fined.  That would suck!!!!

Grand daughter said something about using Vascar and don't ever assume you can beat that if speeding, what is Vascar?

A friend of mine who I grew up with in S.E. Wisconsin worked at GE building X-Ray equipment, then after a few years moved to Kentucky and now works at a Company there manufacturing Radar units including Radar speed boards, he built 2 of my 3 Detectors that he claimed can out perform some of the better over the counter units, he's going to retire this Summer and move back to Hales Corners Wisconsin, will be nice to see him again, it's been almost 21 years now.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Grand daughter said something about using Vascar and don't ever assume you can beat that if speeding, what is Vascar?

A friend of mine who I grew up with in S.E. Wisconsin worked at GE building X-Ray equipment, then after a few years moved to Kentucky and now works at a Company there manufacturing Radar units including Radar speed boards, he built 2 of my 3 Detectors that he claimed can out perform some of the better over the counter units, he's going to retire this Summer and move back to Hales Corners Wisconsin, will be nice to see him again, it's been almost 21 years now.

Vascar, in simplest terms is using a watch, a computer and two fixed objects with a known distance between them.  To get the speed of a moving motor vehicle the officer watches the vehicle, when it passes object 1 she/he starts the stopwatch.  When the vehicle passes object 2 the watch is stopped.  The time is entered into the computer with the known distance and it displays the speed of the vehicle.  Pretty basic but very accurate.  Used in areas where they prohibit RADAR or LiDAR to measure speed. An engineer building custom detectors is pretty awesome!!

1 minute ago, odot1 said:

Vascar, in simplest terms is using a watch, a computer and two fixed objects with a known distance between them.  To get the speed of a moving motor vehicle the officer watches the vehicle, when it passes object 1 she/he starts the stopwatch.  When the vehicle passes object 2 the watch is stopped.  The time is entered into the computer with the known distance and it displays the speed of the vehicle.  Pretty basic but very accurate.  Used in areas where they prohibit RADAR or LiDAR to measure speed. An engineer building custom detectors is pretty awesome!!

My Friend Dave G. went to College for so long we used to think that was going to be his Career, "permanent student" I'm guessing now, but I'd bet 7-9 years in school, when we were young he built an illegal AM broadcast band radio transmitter, you could call his folks home and request a certain song be played on AM radio and he would make an announcement something like Don from Muskego requested play ------ song, he eventually was caught by the FCC which heard him across Lake Michigan in Michigan, because he was only a High School student at the time they went after his dad who held a 1st. class FCC license, I don't recall what happened exactly but maybe only a fine. He's a electronics guru..we both had Ham Radios back them, I had a Valiant.

• Like 1