Check your account email address ×

Official **Car Stereo Thread**

4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

That looks pretty clean bit what happened to that focus... Looks like it got shit on :lol:

went to a fish fry at a friends house the night before and it was 10 miles of dirt road to get there lolz

• Like 1

Nice rig f7.

I'm not much for GM. But if you got out from under monthly payments, good on you!

I just got this rig:

279257748f6a711694873dd617a8bad39602b5f.00001zdsc10sp.JPG

It's got almost 1,200 miles on it. It's smooth, except the rear speakers are lame, little more than ear-buds.

I'd like to upgrade. But the trunk is tiny, and even 6"x 9" would intrude.

It's basically a "two plus two", so I'm considering just setting some speakers in cabinet on the rear seats.

Otherwise the stereo is fantastic! It's got a USB port.

I don't have an iPod, but NewEgg sells 16GB USB 3.0 flash drives for <$6.oo ea. * I've already "ripped" dozens of my favorite CDs onto it, and bought a dozen spares (solves that problem permanently!).

It displays each CD on the same display screen the backup camera displays on. Pick the CD, and then select any track within it; at at 65MPH (or more), one finger.

- cool -

Let us know how the 10" works out.

* I started with ADATA thumb-drives. But the ones SP/Silicon Power sells are a little more compact, and better designed, & cheaper at the time of purchase. Both brands come from the factory formatted FAT32, so "ripping" the CDs is a breeze! I use an Asus i7 computer w/ Windows 7 for that. Couldn't be easier! It's like having the entire CD collection aboard, w/ access at your fingertips; but without the liability (if the car is vandalized I don't risk losing $thousands worth of CDs, just a $6.oo thumb drive, which is already duplicated for my home stereo).

17 hours ago, sear said:

Nice rig f7.

I'm not much for GM. But if you got out from under monthly payments, good on you!

I just got this rig:

279257748f6a711694873dd617a8bad39602b5f.00001zdsc10sp.JPG

It's got almost 1,200 miles on it. It's smooth, except the rear speakers are lame, little more than ear-buds.

I'd like to upgrade. But the trunk is tiny, and even 6"x 9" would intrude.

It's basically a "two plus two", so I'm considering just setting some speakers in cabinet on the rear seats.

Otherwise the stereo is fantastic! It's got a USB port.

I don't have an iPod, but NewEgg sells 16GB USB 3.0 flash drives for <$6.oo ea. * I've already "ripped" dozens of my favorite CDs onto it, and bought a dozen spares (solves that problem permanently!).

It displays each CD on the same display screen the backup camera displays on. Pick the CD, and then select any track within it; at at 65MPH (or more), one finger.

- cool -

Let us know how the 10" works out.

* I started with ADATA thumb-drives. But the ones SP/Silicon Power sells are a little more compact, and better designed, & cheaper at the time of purchase. Both brands come from the factory formatted FAT32, so "ripping" the CDs is a breeze! I use an Asus i7 computer w/ Windows 7 for that. Couldn't be easier! It's like having the entire CD collection aboard, w/ access at your fingertips; but without the liability (if the car is vandalized I don't risk losing $thousands worth of CDs, just a $6.oo thumb drive, which is already duplicated for my home stereo).

What century you livin in again?

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Cause they sold you a cheater rig and had to pay lolz

Used for work....  get paid a nice mileage rate to show up to work...   sitting at 40k miles on it in 1 year for work.  Paid almost 30 for the car new.  They will buy it back for $28k....  already spent my $1k goodwill.  I will dump that car back to them in another 10-15k in mileage.

best investment i ever made thus point in my life....  huge returns.

Edited by BOHICA

It's a 2016.

But yes. I live in a concrete and steel bullet resistant, flame retardant, passive solar, nature observatory as a hermit.

And you're right again. I retired from computer chip development at age 43, in 1997. So I'm out of the loop, AND LOVING IT. I deduce you've detected the downside.

It's a price I'm resolutely determined to pay. It's not a penalty. It's merely one benefit of the reward.

6 minutes ago, sear said:

It's a 2016.

But yes. I live in a concrete and steel bullet resistant, flame retardant, passive solar, nature observatory as a hermit.

And you're right again. I retired from computer chip development at age 43, in 1997. So I'm out of the loop, AND LOVING IT. I deduce you've detected the downside.

It's a price I'm resolutely determined to pay. It's not a penalty. It's merely one benefit of the reward.

Let the 15 years olds show you the way, you have become a dinosaur.:bc:

You still don't know how to quote so please spare us with your tech savvy past.