Check your account email address ×

MARCH MADNESS - - - NCAA - - - MENS HOOPS!

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

That is partly because the broadcasters & you agreed.

Many other players were better during tournament imo.

I agreed that they they were fawning all over him not that he is overrated. ESPN was doing the same thing on all their shows...nobody wanted Duke eliminated...CBS wanted the ratings. 

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Can you imagine all the arrests at U of M football games if they served beer at them? :lmao:

:lol:

they use pre new field [that most students cant afford to go to any way] to and not many arrests .

Zion and Barrett are excellent players and will most likely go 1 and 2 in the draft.  The kid from Murray State is pretty special as well.   Ive never been a fan of 1 and done but understand the NCAA and NBA get these kids all wound up starting at age 12 about how great they are.  Take away the 1 year college requirement and let them see what happens in the draft.  But, IF they commit to a school they need to stay put for 4 years, leave with a degree and then get drafted.    Bucks wasted the 2nd pick on Jabari Parker as an example.  He was 1 and done and had HUGE NBA expectations.....  Just my .02

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Zion and Barrett are excellent players and will most likely go 1 and 2 in the draft.  The kid from Murray State is pretty special as well.   Ive never been a fan of 1 and done but understand the NCAA and NBA get these kids all wound up starting at age 12 about how great they are.  Take away the 1 year college requirement and let them see what happens in the draft.  But, IF they commit to a school they need to stay put for 4 years, leave with a degree and then get drafted.    Bucks wasted the 2nd pick on Jabari Parker as an example.  He was 1 and done and had HUGE NBA expectations.....  Just my .02

Coaches  don’t honor their contracts so why should players...I have no issue with one and done or letting them go right out of HS.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, jammin said:

i don't think they should have to stay 4 but should be more similar to footballs 3 year removed from your grad class rule if they do go to college

Ja morant could go 2 depending on final draft order but they are the clearcut top 3.  Cam Reddish was the biggest disappointment for Duke,  he prob goes top 10 but I think he'd be better staying another year and being a leader.  Same for Jones.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Let them go out of HS or make the rule similar to football and baseball.   The one and done was an agreement between the NBA, NCAA, Shoe companies and yes AA leaders in sports and more as a balance to give all a cut of the pot.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't think they should have to stay 4 but should be more similar to footballs 3 year removed from your grad class rule if they do go to college

Ja morant could go 2 depending on final draft order but they are the clearcut top 3.  Cam Reddish was the biggest disappointment for Duke,  he prob goes top 10 but I think he'd be better staying another year and being a leader.  Same for Jones.  

I agree Reddish should stay at Duke...I also think Cassius Winston and Nick Ward need to stay for their senior seasons. Ward in particular really struggled after coming back from that broken hand.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Let them go out of HS or make the rule similar to football and baseball.   The one and done was an agreement between the NBA, NCAA, Shoe companies and yes AA leaders in sports and more as a balance to give all a cut of the pot.  

This

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree Reddish should stay at Duke...I also think Cassius Winston and Nick Ward need to stay for their senior seasons. Ward in particular really struggled after coming back from that broken hand.

They aren't NBA players anyway

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

This

They aren't NBA players anyway

Yeah and Zion is overrated according to you....your basketball knowledge isn’t worth a squirt of puss.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they are showing on no ones draft radar that i have seen so maybe with another year of seasoning but no reason to try to come out now.  

I agree...they need another year of college....you do realize Fordy is just saying that because they play for MSU and I mentioned their names...he is an idiot. 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree...they need another year of college....you do realize Fordy is just saying that because they play for MSU and I mentioned their names...he is an idiot. 🤣

i get that but if they jumped out at this point they would prob go undrafted and be lucky to even get a 2 way contract.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i get that but if they jumped out at this point they would prob go undrafted and be lucky to even get a 2 way contract.  

I agree...Ward explored it last year and was told to stay in school.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand that...Zion was/is.

I agree completely.   In the long run most kids are better served spending a year or two in college.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah and Zion is overrated according to you....your basketball knowledge isn’t worth a squirt of puss.  

Look at Ward below tripping over his feet ...  :lol:

Winston is too short for NBA. TT shut him down. What do you think will happen to him in the NBA you idiot.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

9 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Look at Ward below tripping over his feet ...  :lol:

Winston is too short for NBA. TT shut him down. What do you think will happen to him in the NBA you idiot.

Winston is too short for the NBA-False.

He was trying to carry the team against TT as they were all struggling and as a result he played poorly as well. 

Ward tripping over his feet- I already said he was struggling since his return from the broken hand...his conditioning was not good which led to his poor play IMO. BTW I’m not watching your stupid video from last season.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Very few kids are ready for the NBA right out of HS.  

the 1 and done went into place when too many were trying to jump right in and failing.  The NBA allowing a select group of kids go to the G league stating this year is IMO a better thing than most going right from HS to the NBA or have them go to 3 years of college.    

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the 1 and done went into place when too many were trying to jump right in and failing.  The NBA allowing a select group of kids go to the G league stating this year is IMO a better thing than most going right from HS to the NBA or have them go to 3 years of college.    

Coaches know if they are recruiting a one and done player...some embrace it and others build teams differently.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Coaches know if they are recruiting a one and done player...some embrace it and others build teams differently.

no question,  Coach K was not the first to embrace it but he has done well with it.