Check your account email address ×

U.S. "Gets Its Ass Handed To It" In World War III Simulation: RAND

I don't see this as starting out as a conventional war. My guess is, they will take out our military's communications and guidance systems worldwide as well as disrupt our infrastructure here in the states as an extra distraction. Our assets would then be sitting ducks to take out by conventional means. Just my opinion. Seems to me if they can hack U.S. companies computer systems and steal plans and information as well as throw an election with disinformation, it doesn't really seem like that much of a reach.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s good to be confident 

Don't need to be confident.   What fool would attack the mainland of the US?   Fear over retaliation with nuclear weapons is enough alone to stop someone.  If there ever is another world war with conventional weapons it won't be fought on US soil.   

8 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I don't see this as starting out as a conventional war. My guess is, they will take out our military's communications and guidance systems worldwide as well as disrupt our infrastructure here in the states as an extra distraction. Our assets would then be sitting ducks to take out by conventional means. Just my opinion. Seems to me if they can hack U.S. companies computer systems and steal plans and information as well as throw an election with disinformation, it doesn't really seem like that much of a reach.

Communications and supply disruption will cripple any military.  Now we have electronic warfare to add to it.  A well planned first strike could hurt us.  Take out a satellite or two and we are now forced to rethink the strategic offenses on the ground....a disadvantage when enemy troops are already in motion.  Half our nation would be happy and oppose any war/retaliation and that would be used against us (as it has been since Korea).

We aren’t invincible.  Well, maybe if we pull everything back home...WHERE IT SHOILD BE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't need to be confident.   What fool would attack the mainland of the US?   Fear over retaliation with nuclear weapons is enough alone to stop someone.  If there ever is another world war with conventional weapons it won't be fought on US soil.   

Global nuclear war is not really an option, the world will not recover in our lifetimes from that. I would expect whichever country or several to attack our infrastructure and power grids and such thru hacking. It would cost us billions and the ensuing chaos would create panic amongst the weak minded scaredy cats. They would have us shitting in our pants without firing a shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Communications and supply disruption will cripple any military.  Now we have electronic warfare to add to it.  A well planned first strike could cripple us.  Take out a satellite or two and we are now forced to rethink the strategic offenses on the ground....a disadvantage when enemy troops are already in motion.  Half our nation would be happy and oppose any war/retaliation and that would be used against us (as it has been since Korea).

We aren’t invincible.  Well, maybe if we pull everything back home...WHERE IT SHOILD BE!

Thinking we are out of reach and in a class all our own has bitten us before. It can happen again with much more severe consequences.

Just now, Anler said:

Global nuclear war is not really an option, the world will not recover in our lifetimes from that. I would expect whichever country or several to attack our infrastructure and power grids and such thru hacking. It would cost us billions and the ensuing chaos would create panic amongst the weak minded scaredy cats. They would have us shitting in our pants without firing a shot. 

But what would be the purpose of doing that to us?   Why would China want to destroy their economy along with ours?

I agree an attack on our infrastructure/communications would be the most likely next major attack but it won't be by Russia or China.   

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Exactly.

Just now, Highmark said:

But what would be the purpose of doing that to us?   Why would China want to destroy their economy along with ours?

I agree an attack on our infrastructure/communications would be the most likely next major attack but it won't be by Russia or China.   

Well, there is none.  None at all.  Fact is, if we die (suffer economically) the world dies with us.  

I know some here hope for our “death”, they just don’t see the consequences of it all....hatred destroys brain cells.

Other than that...I assumed we are all just speculating how this can go down.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Russia and China would be the most likely to be successful at doing that. I dont know if you have been paying attention but there is a lot of fuckery going on with those 2. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Then the muslim cells would rise up and commence jihad! We will be dead within minutes! 

Liberals will fight (die) for them first....then we’ll deal with that absolute shittery.

I got wood!!!!  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Liberals will fight (die) for them first....then we’ll deal with that absolute shittery.

I got wood!!!!  :lmao:

youd get waxed by a muslim chick the first day. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Anler said:

Russia and China would be the most likely to be successful at doing that. I dont know if you have been paying attention but there is a lot of fuckery going on with those 2. 

We are a LOOOONNNNNGGGG ways off war.   A complete attack against our infrastructure would be a declaration of war.   I'm not losing any sleep over either of them doing it.  Makes no sense.   What is there really to gain at this point without actually coming ashore and getting our resources.    Thats simply not going to happen.

You people really fear this?  :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why would america attack an oil producing nation that was no real threat and would destabilize oil prices for years to come, as well as create a humanitarian crisis and encourage extremists to form? You seem to view everything from economic terms. It's kinda weird. 

• Like 1

We are a LOOOONNNNNGGGG ways off war.   A complete attack against our infrastructure would be a declaration of war.   I'm not losing any sleep over either of them doing it.  Makes no sense.   What is there really to gain at this point without actually coming ashore and getting our resources.    Thats simply not going to happen.

Do I fear it? No. Is it a possibility? Yes.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why would america attack an oil producing nation that was no real threat and would destabilize oil prices for years to come, as well as create a humanitarian crisis and encourage extremists to form? You seem to view everything from economic terms. It's kinda weird. 

Iraq was a mistake both times.   Happy?   

Reality is I think oil on average has been relatively cheap since 2003 and very cheap since 1990.  

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Do I fear it? No. Is it a possibility? Yes.

Nuclear war is a possibility too.   

Everything those countries can do to us we can do to them.   Even with cyber warfare there is the idea of mutually assured destruction.  

Edited by Highmark

Iraq was a mistake both times.   Happy?   

Reality is I think oil on average has been relatively cheap since 2003 and very cheap since 1990.  

If you really want a war with china, back them into an economic corner. That's what america did with Japan.  

Just now, Highmark said:

No I dont really fear anything, it is what it is. But I wouldnt rule it out as an eventual possibility in the future. Its just the way the world works. Not much we can do about it at that point.