Check your account email address ×

How many of you guys do this yourselves...Clutch Work..etc...

28 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I didn't have much experience with the Salsbury's, just remember them having to pull the cover off of the clutch trail side to replace a rollers that broke. I did like the fact that those guys could change jetting by opening the hood and turning a screw on the Tillotson carbs. LOL

Those old carbs , Tilly's , Walbros , Keihin  ,  diaphragm carbs,  Just adjust that high speed screw for the engines last fast run down the road.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Awesome.  I had one.  I thought the 128 was just as good as the 121 through the turns and was better through the bumps.

It’s a 1.75 with studs too...pretty aggressive.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Perfect description....damn. It also has some big ass C & A's on it with some aggressive Studboy Shapers...proabsnly address that at some point as well. That being said it's a pretty clean sled and she runs like a champ. :ylsuper:

Prolly XT's.  That's what comes on SX'ers.  I've had them on three different sleds over the years.  Love 'em.  But, they aren't for the noodle armed crowd.  And certainly aren't fun on frozen mornings.  I'm a mid morn-lunchtime rider tho...  :lol: 

Measure the keel.  1.5's are  the XT.  Plus, you've got another 1/2 of carbide.  That's two inches of arm pump baby!!!!  

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Still in snocross form?

8.8 gallon tank, jetted for pump gas....still premix and the Shocks are in SnoX form.

I don't do anything anymore. I don't have the training, experience, equipment, or the desire to do any of this work. I  load them on the trailer, and drop them off at the dealer's. 

Only thing I do is try to clean, and maintain my stuff. Anything serious I can't handle. 

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

8.8 gallon tank, jetted for pump gas....still premix and the Shocks are in SnoX form.

They like the gas.  6-7 miles to the gallon maybe a little better, but they are fun.

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They like the gas.  6-7 miles to the gallon maybe a little better, but they are fun.

Yeah I've heard before that they are thirsty buggers.

I've done the clutching on my atvs ,and some minor clutching on my sleds.  Nuthin radical.  I work more on the atv than anything lol. Some of the involved work I farm out to my buddy. I like to try do most myself if I can handle it. Great feeling knowing that you accomplished something