Check your account email address ×

Soak the rich? Americans say go for it

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Where?  People always claim the money will leave. If they are closing the money laundering tax havens, where is the money going to go?

Aftertax money has nothing to do with laundering and you are free to go wherever.  Try and pay attention.  

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Soak the rich? Interesting........the govt. had no problem soaking the taxpayers to bail out the elite Wall Street gang. :news:

What do you consider rich?  For most its someone who make twice what they make.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Aftertax money has nothing to do with laundering and you are free to go wherever.  Try and pay attention.  

Deflection. Not an answer. 

You said they make there money work for them.  Where is a lower tax country where their money will work for them?

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Deflection. Not an answer. 

You said they make there money work for them.  Where is a lower tax country where their money will work for them?

Well the USA's personal taxes are still very competitive on the lower end, so it wouldn't be in their best interest now would it?  Do I need to draw you a map?

Also I'm pretty sure there money is working well for them, that is why the gap keeps widening.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

14 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

nt of taxpayers paid an average of 42.0 percent of their income in federal, state, and local taxes. Since then, the average effective tax rate of the top 1 percent has declined slightly overall. In 2014, the top 1 percent of taxpayers paid an average tax rate of 36.4 percent.   

2014 was before Trump reduced their taxes by 3.3 percent. So its closer to 33 percent instead of 42%.    

9% of 10 million is $900,000.00 per year. 

The trump tax cut gave $1,700 to a family making $50-75 grand. 

900,000/1700.  Is 530 families.  Those 530’families would increase the economy more than the one rich guy would. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/06/the-richest-1-percent-now-owns-more-of-the-countrys-wealth-than-at-any-time-in-the-past-50-years/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.45ec99fa9657

You have to be stupid to think the top 1 percent collected 40% of the wealth by working harder and smarter than everyone else. 

The federal law approved by President Trump and the then-GOP controlled Congress limited SALT deductions to $10,000.

The loss of revenue from New York’s wealthiest puts New York in a bind because the state relies on a progressive income tax system that taxes the rich at a higher rate.

One percent of the state’s top income earners provide 46 percent of the state’s personal income tax revenues, officials said.

Cuomo said Albany can’t go to the well and tax the wealthy again because that would only worsen the situation, citing “anecdotal” evidence that high-income New Yorkers are already fleeing the state to lower-tax jurisdictions.

He offered no figures to back up the claim.

“I don’t believe raising taxes on the rich. That would be the worst thing to do. You would just expand the shortfall,” he said. “God forbid if the rich leave.”

Aside from spending, Cuomo’s slide presentation also mentioned the state is phasing in tax cuts for middle-income New Yorkers — raising questions whether the state would have to postpone the reductions.

2 minutes ago, Cop Watch said:

The federal law approved by President Trump and the then-GOP controlled Congress limited SALT deductions to $10,000.

The loss of revenue from New York’s wealthiest puts New York in a bind because the state relies on a progressive income tax system that taxes the rich at a higher rate.

One percent of the state’s top income earners provide 46 percent of the state’s personal income tax revenues, officials said.

Cuomo said Albany can’t go to the well and tax the wealthy again because that would only worsen the situation, citing “anecdotal” evidence that high-income New Yorkers are already fleeing the state to lower-tax jurisdictions.

“I don’t believe raising taxes on the rich. That would be the worst thing to do. You would just expand the shortfall,” he said. “God forbid if the rich leave.”

Aside from spending, Cuomo’s slide presentation also mentioned the state is phasing in tax cuts for middle-income New Yorkers — raising questions whether the state would have to postpone the reductions.

Try and go a bit easy on him as he's a retard.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I was making reference to the thread title and just gave my 2 cents. I'll answer your question........being healthy is what I consider wealthy, how's that?

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I was making reference to the thread title and just gave my 2 cents. I'll answer your question........being healthy is what I consider wealthy, how's that?

Theres lots of healthy people here in Yuma on street corners begging for handouts.

:lol:

One guy was in full Nike gear...I wanted to say you forgot to change your clothes before you left your house this morning.

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well the USA's personal taxes are still very competitive on the lower end, so it wouldn't be in their best interest now would it?  Do I need to draw you a map?

Also I'm pretty sure there money is working well for them, that is why the gap keeps widening.

You claimed they would move their money and are on post number 5 avoiding answering where. 

Do you and Dave just spend all day making up lies you can't back up?

Edited by revkevsdi

24 minutes ago, Cop Watch said:

You put his two claims in bold yet didn't read or put this in bold:

That kind of shit is good enough for Trump supporters but don't try it on someone who can read. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

You claimed they would move their money and are on post number 5 avoiding answering where. 

Do you and Dave just spend all day making up lies you can't back up?

45% of my capital is invested in the US and I live in Canada.  Are you really this dumb?

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

45% of my capital is invested in the US and I live in Canada.  Are you really this dumb?

When he doesnt understand things he says youre lying.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

this . as I stated before . Go to that Ortega chic's district and they will consider you rich.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You just owned yourself dumbass.

You still didn't answer where US investors are going to move their money. 

If you are going to repeat Republican talking points, you should be ready to defend them. 

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If you are going to repeat Republican talking points, you should be ready to defend them. 

Derp

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

They can move anywhere they want and invest wherever they want.  That is a discussion between them and a good tax lawyer, it's way beyond the pay grade of your typical accountant or junior achiever.  You will never live in that world, so don't worry about it.