Check your account email address ×

Are you falling behind? Here's how much your peers have put away in their 401(k)s

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

There’s no right or wrong answer here. Some get a lot of their self worth through their work. Other just want to gtfo and do other things. We’re all cut a little different.

If I had sat in a cube and racked up 3 or 4 million in retirement I’d be ready to get out early as well. My job offers so much freedom and vacation time that it doesn’t feel like a job. My sister is 18 years older than I am. I remember several of her friends that worked in a cancer research lab at a renowned clinic in the Midwest. A couple of them worked for Merck. I watched every single one literally drink themselves to death after retirement. Not one lasted more than 10 years. What a fucked up existence. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

Punching a clock is the only way to keep your mind active and productive? Many find purpose in life in other things. This is very small minded.

no one said you have to punch a clock . 

work and purpous is not just punching a clock .

but it sure shit is not just fishing and drinking . and a lot of guys just do that  and it becomes a,very sad state . hence the reason so many men die shortly after they quit working 

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Punching a clock is the only way to keep your mind active and productive? Many find purpose in life in other things. This is very small minded.

I haven’t punched a clock since I was 16 and worked in the kitchen of nursing home. Dreadful fucking job. 

55 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If I had sat in a cube and racked up 3 or 4 million in retirement I’d be ready to get out early as well. My job offers so much freedom and vacation time that it doesn’t feel like a job. My sister is 18 years older than I am. I remember several of her friends that worked in a cancer research lab at a renowned clinic in the Midwest. A couple of them worked for Merck. I watched every single one literally drink themselves to death after retirement. Not one lasted more than 10 years. What a fucked up existence. 

Show me a cubicle queen who has that racked up at retirement..........what a dreamer you are Spinocchio. :lol:

22 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Show me a cubicle queen who has that racked up at retirement..........what a dreamer you are Spinocchio. :lol:

I know an information systems manager that’s 29 years old and has been pulling down $150k/yr w/stock options among other goodies for the last three years. He sits in a cube 70% of his day. I have a close friend that worked in data warehousing and as a software engineer. He retired at 50 with a cool $2.5m 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I know an information systems manager that’s 29 years old and has been pulling down $150k/yr w/stock options among other goodies for the last three years. He sits in a cube 70% of his day. I have a close friend that worked in data warehousing and as a software engineer. He retired at 50 with a cool $2.5m 

................far from reality for most, extremely.