Check your account email address ×

Need advice on new snowblower

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

What happened to the heater

It was a propane buddy heater I was using in conjunction with my electric, and it just blew up in a hellish ball of fire lol. Fuck, I never moved so fast in my life to turn propane off :lol:. It was almost 20 years old and I dont use it very often . Next proje6is getting 220 in the garage for a 4800 watt heater 

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

It was a propane buddy heater I was using in conjunction with my electric, and it just blew up in a hellish ball of fire lol. Fuck, I never moved so fast in my life to turn propane off :lol:. It was almost 20 years old and I dont use it very often . Next proje6is getting 220 in the garage for a 4800 watt heater 

Youre an accident waiting to happen!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Wow!. I use one in the garage as well. We have radiant heat in the garage but not hooked up to the boiler. I don't want to be adding to the propane bill as it is. I'm going to get a wallmount propane heater installed and run it off a couple 100lb tanks

Wow!. I use one in the garage as well. We have radiant heat in the garage but not hooked up to the boiler. I don't want to be adding to the propane bill as it is. I'm going to get a wallmount propane heater installed and run it off a couple 100lb tanks

That's a pretty good idea. I'll still run a buddy heater , I'll just get a new one. This incident only makes me respect propane more . But a full on wall mount on 100 pounders would be a better way to go. 

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

That's a pretty good idea. I'll still run a buddy heater , I'll just get a new one. This incident only makes me respect propane more . But a full on wall mount on 100 pounders would be a better way to go. 

I only go thru about 50-60lbs with the buddy heater for the amount of time I'm in there and it gets comfortable. With a wallmount I could leave on low on weekends

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I only go thru about 50-60lbs with the buddy heater for the amount of time I'm in there and it gets comfortable. With a wallmount I could leave on low on weekends

That would be awesome . I normally don't even need the buddy heater ,but we are in the middle of a ridiculous cold snap right now . Although today wasnt too bad, -24c

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

had that happen in a popup fishing tent last year.  was sketchy for a few seconds trying to turn the tank off.

what about using a quad with a blade?

I was think about that but the atv has no winch . It lifted with mud tires and shit but never had a winch . I use a come along ,worst case scenario lol. 

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I was think about that but the atv has no winch . It lifted with mud tires and shit but never had a winch . I use a come along ,worst case scenario lol. 

chink tire has super winchs for a good deal.  i clear a huge area with my quad.  bout an hours worth of work.  probably 1.5 after this storm

8 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

That would be awesome . I normally don't even need the buddy heater ,but we are in the middle of a ridiculous cold snap right now . Although today wasnt too bad, -24c

We had a direct vent heater in the 5th wheel and Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving we"d go  thru 2-100lb tanks ($92) at Costco to fill) and were in it every 2nd wknd in the winter. We could go riding all day and shut the main furnace off and it was toasty when we got back

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

chink tire has super winchs for a good deal.  i clear a huge area with my quad.  bout an hours worth of work.  probably 1.5 after this storm

I was actually just there today ,looking at blowers and blades lol. Almost bought a Briggs and Straton blower. The only thing about a blade is I'm eventually going to end up with some mountains ,and st some point, if we get a good dump ,going to need it moved or pushed further back

We had a direct vent heater in the 5th wheel and Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving we"d go  thru 2-100lb tanks ($92) at Costco to fill) and were in it every 2nd wknd in the winter. We could go riding all day and shut the main furnace off and it was toasty when we got back

That's pretty cool. Last time I camped in the cold with our 32' jayco we just used the furnace.  

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I was actually just there today ,looking at blowers and blades lol. Almost bought a Briggs and Straton blower. The only thing about a blade is I'm eventually going to end up with some mountains ,and st some point, if we get a good dump ,going to need it moved or pushed further back

I was the same then i just started pushing it further back at the start.  mind you I'm not in town and have lots of room to push. 

eventually i'll get a tractor in the future with a cab but for now the can am is doing the job

Just now, xcr700 said:

That's pretty cool. Last time I camped in the cold with our 32' jayco we just used the furnace.  

We had ours up in the Hali Forest. We had friends visit one weekend and buddies wife got up in the night to go to the bathroom. She brushed up against the thermostat and fk we woke up and it was like 90 degrees in there. Outside was -32 and we burnt a shitload of propane lol

6 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I was the same then i just started pushing it further back at the start.  mind you I'm not in town and have lots of room to push. 

eventually i'll get a tractor in the future with a cab but for now the can am is doing the job

I'll see how much itll cost to fix the blower first . I think if it's going to cost you much ,I'll do the atv blade idea. And reason to use it would be awesome lol 

We had ours up in the Hali Forest. We had friends visit one weekend and buddies wife got up in the night to go to the bathroom. She brushed up against the thermostat and fk we woke up and it was like 90 degrees in there. Outside was -32 and we burnt a shitload of propane lol

:lol:

Just now, xcr700 said:

I'll see how much itll cost to fix the blower first . I think if it's going to cost you much ,I'll do the atv blade idea. And reason to use it would be awesome lol 

I've got a blade of you want! You'll just need the mount for the atv

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

you have a fuel injected quad?

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

you have a fuel injected quad?

Nope . Old school 98 sportsman 500. Got it new when I got my xcr. It's my baby. So easy to work on. I had a 09 850 xp eps, but 3 times ,for np apparent reason, it wouldn't start . Then 2 hours later ,it starts no problem.  Dealer had no idea wtf, so I unloaded it. Keeping the old girl cause it has recoil back up and we ride in winter a lot