Check your account email address ×

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

open carry people are just douchebags looking to create encounters like this.  

That's a fact.  But, it doesn't make this dude wrong.  He "hit the nail" in the first minute or two.  He was being stopped because people reported a man carrying a gun.  That's NOT a crime.  If he had proper paperwork...that's all and this is done.  Officer should go on his merry way.  INstead....he wants to hunt a find a "reason to detain".  INCORRECTOMUNDO!!!!   Another fucking cop that thinks he can bully his way into a situation and "solve" a problem.  This is why people hate cops.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's a fact.  But, it doesn't make this dude wrong.  He "hit the nail" in the first minute or two.  He was being stopped because people reported a man carrying a gun.  That's NOT a crime.  If he had proper paperwork...that's all and this is done.  Officer should go on his merry way.  INstead....he wants to hunt a find a "reason to detain".  INCORRECTOMUNDO!!!!   Another fucking cop that thinks he can bully his way into a situation and "solve" a problem.  This is why people hate cops.  

well that was the root of his argument-  he wanted to provide no paperwork and open carry really doesn't require one.  I'd agree he was right but he's just looking to stir up shit which is fun on the intranet but why be that idiot in the real world.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well that was the root of his argument-  he wanted to provide no paperwork and open carry really doesn't require one.  I'd agree he was right but he's just looking to stir up shit which is fun on the intranet but why be that idiot in the real world.  

I'm not necessarily disagreeing but your claim is his only reason to open carry so a cop would stop him?   Reality is even if that was the case it should have been a very short conversation if one at all.   Cop could have observed  him not doing anything wrong and not even made contact.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Open carry is idiotic in any fashion, IMO.  

Bold:  Seen a lot of these of vids here.  I just wonder, is it worth making the point to be put on a "target list"?  Eventually, you may damn well not want to be watched leaving a bar at 2 am.  Ooops.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Open carry is idiotic in any fashion, IMO.  

Bold:  Seen a lot of these of vids here.  I just wonder, is it worth making the point to be put on a "target list"?  Eventually, you may damn well not want to be watched leaving a bar at 2 am.  Ooops.  

So we should not exercise our rights because it might make cops mad and then they might unlawfully surveil us in order to catch us breaking a law?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

So we should not exercise our rights because it might make cops mad and then they might unlawfully surveil us in order to catch us breaking a law?

No, go right ahead.  I chose to move around under the radar...no matter what I do.  Luckily, there's enough emotional half-wits out there drawing attention to make their little point that it's pretty easy to move around without even so much as a second glance from anyone.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, go right ahead.  I chose to move around under the radar...no matter what I do.  Luckily, there's enough emotional half-wits out there drawing attention to make their little point that it's pretty easy to move around without even so much as a second glance from anyone.

The issue here is cops....not emotional half wits exercising their rights 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope

Well.  In a perfect world.  You'd be correct.  

"Perfect world":  No humans.

Fact is, people make themselves targets all the time and not just with LEO.  People seem to enjoy making a spectacle of themselves. The attention they seek isn't always positive.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

There are a fair number of people open carry here, nobody seems to care, seems most notice how nice or not nice the gun is.

Before we became a constitutional carry state open carry without a permit was legal. Ive only ever seen one person do it with the exception of very rural areas. And ya could tell those folks were headed into the woods.

Never quite understood the reason anyone would want to. Especially seeing we were a " shall issue " state.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Before we became a constitutional carry state open carry without a permit was legal. Ive only ever seen one person do it with the exception of very rural areas. And ya could tell those folks were headed into the woods.

Never quite understood the reason anyone would want to. Especially seeing we were a " shall issue " state.

CC is a little more difficult for longer barrel pistols, I think that's why most go open.