Check your account email address ×

Any of you mouth breathers ever have sinus surgery?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Im sure youve heard the stories but they put about 5 miles of packing up there. The most relief I felt was when they removed it. It was like one of those magician shows where they just kept pulling this gauze out for like 5 minutes. But I had this pressure in my sinus, was like a dull headache. After they pulled that shit out i knew what it was. Felt fine after that. 

Something weird happened after and still happens. When I would bend over, water would run out of my nose. Not just a couple drips, like a stream. took some getting used to. :lol: 

That sounds a lot like a csf leak. (Cerebrospinal fluid)

Better get that checked out. Seriously :bc: 

I have a questionable seal between my sinus and brain and the doctors gave me a sample bottle to fill if I ever get a leak like you mentioned. They also warned me of letting any dr fuck around in my sinus to avoid damaging that questionable seal.

If you’re still leaking like you mentioned, get to the dr ASAP. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I won every spelling bee ever

I have 360 degrees

I have all of the professional achievements there are

My TNW is DM

I am speaking in retard so you understand better. muh kay? 

You need a good beating. Not kill ya', but just rough you up a bit to straighten you out. 

2 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

That sounds a lot like a csf leak. (Cerebrospinal fluid)

Better get that checked out. Seriously :bc: 

I have a questionable seal between my sinus and brain and the doctors gave me a sample bottle to fill if I ever get a leak like you mentioned. They also warned me of letting any dr fuck around in my sinus to avoid damaging that questionable seal.

If you’re still leaking like you mentioned, get to the dr ASAP. :bc: 

Its not brain fluid silly, its booger water.  :bc:

5 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

If you bend over and have clear  liquid streaming out your nose it is csf. Especially if it started after sinus surgery. I’m not fucking with you. :bc: 

No :bc:

5 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

If you bend over and have clear  liquid streaming out your nose it is csf. Especially if it started after sinus surgery. I’m not fucking with you. :bc: 

Agree on this statement... As someone who just had brain surgery, and who had CSF issues, take it seriously! 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:26 PM, Original Lummox said:

Going to see a surgeon next week to set me up for sinus surgery. One sinus completely blocked by a polyp and have a few more blocking my breathing.

Just wondering how painful and how long you took to recover.I am kinda nervous but needs to be done,back in September, was choking and quit breathing a few times right out of the blue as i ciuld only mouth breath which madr it difficult to eat,drink or whatever.

There was a LUMMOX from MAINE, is that you?

Well, the first mistake you're making is if you are in Maine, is letting ANY MAINE doctor touch you. 

Hey Lummox, I'm really good with a fillet knife. No seriously. A good friend of the family ( Jew ) who was going to med school, and has two brothers who are doctors, said I had the hands of a surgeon. 

If you want I'll take a ride up if you're in Maine. I wanna' do some snow-shoe rabbit hunting, so I can swing by and cut those things out for ya'. Just have plenty of whiskey on hand. 

Just let me know so I can buff out the fillet knife, it got a little rusty on a couple of flounders I did  last year. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Thanks for the concern :bc:

You’ll give two fucks about your back pain when you end up with meningitis from that csf leak. Best of luck. :bc: 

and @Original Lummox if you go through the surgery and water drips out your nose when you bend over, it is not normal, they messed up your surgery. :bc: 

5 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Been wondering how your surgery went. How ya doing? :bc: 

Have good days and bad. Off work until late January, and that may be too soon. Still struggling with headaches, pain, weakness, spasms/tremors. 

First picture is 2 weeks after surgery. Second is 1 month. 

D09FFBC5-D835-40B3-8067-1CA4241A18E6.thumb.jpeg.67bf31476be446f0100d3851b232df50.jpegEBA49025-0707-499F-9A93-7F2E6157FAD0.thumb.jpeg.0fdf3ad4b5ad0be10e0bb2c22efff9ce.jpeg

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Have good days and bad. Off work until late January, and that may be too soon. Still struggling with headaches, pain, weakness, spasms/tremors. 

D09FFBC5-D835-40B3-8067-1CA4241A18E6.thumb.jpeg.67bf31476be446f0100d3851b232df50.jpegEBA49025-0707-499F-9A93-7F2E6157FAD0.thumb.jpeg.0fdf3ad4b5ad0be10e0bb2c22efff9ce.jpeg

Holy shit!!! What procedure were they doing??

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

Holy shit!!! What procedure were they doing??

I have something called Chiari Malformation (brain is too low into my neck/spine essentially.) So surgery was done to cut/cauterize herniated tonsils that extend from brain into neck and were slowing/stopping spinal fluid from flowing. A few other things were done as well, but that is the bulk of it. 

Just now, Dieselgeek said:

I have something called Chiari Malformation (brain is too low into my neck/spine essentially.) So surgery was done to cut/cauterize herniated tonsils that extend from brain into neck and were slowing/stopping spinal fluid from flowing. A few other things were done as well, but that is the bulk of it. 

Wow that is some scary shit right there. Glad to see you are getting better,,,it must be quite uncomfortable .

16 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

What symptoms were you having from that blockage?

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wow that is some scary shit right there. Glad to see you are getting better,,,it must be quite uncomfortable .

Each day is different. Day prior often dictates how the next day goes... So if I don't do too much, I'm alright pain wise. 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

What symptoms were you having from that blockage?

Headaches/migraines daily for 25+ years, neck/shoulder/arm pain. Arm and leg weakness/numbness. Surgery isn't a cure, merely stops the progression. I have cervical neck issues as well, and may require more surgery in the future. I also have something called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, so both of my first ribs have been removed as well. I'm a genetic mess!

2 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Headaches/migraines daily for 25+ years, neck/shoulder/arm pain. Arm and leg weakness/numbness. Surgery isn't a cure, merely stops the progression. I have cervical neck issues as well, and may require more surgery in the future. I also have something called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, so both of my first ribs have been removed as well. I'm a genetic mess!

Damn, good luck with all that 

9 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

Damn they did some work. Hopefully your headaches get better. :bc: 

I don’t think I’ll have surgery until  I start having pain.