Check your account email address ×

Come on in, the door is always open and we'll even leave the light on for ya

Skidooski

• Platinum Contributing Member

Is this the type of vetting process we thought we have for these immigrants? Just one big "Ooops" I suppose brought on by a bunch of incompetent people? Mistakes happen sure, most people will agree with this but looking at other countries that have big problems with immigration I would have hoped that our government would be just a tad more careful.

The U.S. government has mistakenly granted citizenship to at least 858 immigrants from countries of concern to national security or with high rates of immigration fraud who had pending deportation orders, according to an internal Homeland Security audit released Monday.

The Homeland Security Department's inspector general found that the immigrants used different names or birthdates to apply for citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and such discrepancies weren't caught because their fingerprints were missing from government databases.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/800-immigrants-mistakenly-granted-citizenship-42192803

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Often times there needs to be a failure before change will happen. This will not be looked at like a failure unfortunately.

When it comes to this administration, HS, immigration, I don't believe a word they say.

Seems to be the new trend.............I didn't do anything wrong or corrupt, I'm just ignorant.

Will anyone be held accountable?

Anyone fired?

Was it really a mistake or a mistake it went public?

Government is so inept and corrupt it's amazing that they can give the illusion to some that they actually know what their doing, and are doing it properly.

They knew damn well what they were doing... 

36 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Often times there needs to be a failure before change will happen. This will not be looked at like a failure unfortunately.

In this administration, it won't be looked at in any form.

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

When it comes to this administration, HS, immigration, I don't believe a word they say.

Seems to be the new trend.............I didn't do anything wrong or corrupt, I'm just ignorant.

Will anyone be held accountable?

Anyone fired?

Was it really a mistake or a mistake it went public?

That's it IMO.  "Oops...who let that cat out of the bag?...let's call it a mistake."

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Government is so inept and corrupt it's amazing that they can give the illusion to some that they actually know what their doing, and are doing it properly.

They knew damn well what they were doing... 

There are some areas of the government that are well run. And there are some really good people trying to keep it that way.  But, as they say, the fish stinks from the head down so......