Check your account email address ×

I hope you saw the warning about Romaine lettuce.

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

The FBI already has a definition.  4 or more people killed not including the shooter.  Not gang violence as gang on gang - bystanders aren't the targets.  Basically an indiscriminant shooting intended on killing people.  Maybe your site should call them gun violence as that is what they seem to be counting.

Actually the site addresses that too. 

The fbi counts mass murders. These guys count mass shootings.  

Seems like an accurate description. Your life can still be mostly over if you survive a shooting. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Me: They've reported BB Gun shootings on that site

Barbie hands: No!!! You're lying! How dare you attack my favorite site like that?!?!  😠 😠

Me: At one point they reported 3 cases

Barbie hands: You're a liar

Me: It's right on their site

Barbie hands: Posts direct quote showing site had data posted for three cases of BB Gun shooting on his mass shooting tracker web page

Me: Thanks for proving me right :thumb: 

Barbie hands: You're stupid

Me:   :lol: :wtf:  :lol2: 

Continuing to lie won’t change the facts. 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Maybe,  why don’t you link me to Dr. saying. Smoking good for you. :lol:

might take it back up 🤔

They did. Bet they got paid well for it. Like the scientists who deny global warming get paid by Koch bros.

look it up. You may learn something by accident. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, revkevsdi said:

They did. Bet they got paid well for it. Like the scientists who deny global warming get paid by Koch bros.

look it up. You may learn something by accident. 

You got a site for Sling shot incidents? 

How a boot Nerf gun incidents? 

Edited by Skidooski

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Oh so now you are saying they “ use to. “

So dishonest.

"at one point" = "used to" 

You going to try and get out of this using semantics? Rhetorical question dummy  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Even BB Gun shootings  :lol: 

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

No shit!?! My buddies and I should be on there too! We used to put on goggles and shoot at each other as kids.  3 pumps only!!!!!  :lol:

Yeah it's on that site. They just want to post big numbers and really make no bones about it. People like Barbie hands just eat it all up and check daily to see the number grow. Sad ass way to go through life

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

"at one point" = "used to" 

You going to try and get out of this using semantics? Rhetorical question dummy  :lol: 

Such a liar. 

Even BB Gun shootings  :lol: 

Yeah it's on that site. They just want to post big numbers and really make no bones about it. People like Barbie hands just eat it all up and check daily to see the number grow. Sad ass way to go through life

There were 3 cases of BB gun shootings reported there at one point. :lol:

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's right on their site and yet I'm lying.... :lol:

@revkevsdi Where's the lie? 

Triggered over BB gun stats lololol

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Typical Trumpster. Grade 5 reading comprehension and a liar. 

And I've told you a dozen times now that I did not vote for Trump. It's mind boggling how ignorant you are and yet you keep coming back for more like a typical dumb ass. Just tuck tail and run......

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

Regarding mass shootings: When I hear the term mass shooting, I think of a school shooting or something like that Las Vegas shooing.  To put home invasions with the perps getting shot or gang violence in that category seems very intellectualy dishonest.  

It is.

30 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And I've told you a dozen times now that I did not vote for Trump. It's mind boggling how ignorant you are and yet you keep coming back for more like a typical dumb ass. Just tuck tail and run......

You are a Trumpster and  liar.  You didn't have to vote for him to be a fan boy.

I said there were 400 mass shooting this year according the the Mass shooter website, you said there were BB gun shootings included.  

You were lying. They did not include BB gun shootings. 

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It is.

No it is accurate.  They are incidences when four people were shot. That is what they say they are tracking, mass shootings.

Would you say the only casualties of war are the soldiers that die from enemy fire?  Not include friendly fire or those who are wounded?

No, but I consider a mass shooting when a freak comes unglued and shoots in a crowd. Not gang violence. Hell someone could drop a 12 gauge with birdshot and have one shot go off and shoot 4 people. I wouldn't consider that a mass shooting either.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, but I consider a mass shooting when a freak comes unglued and shoots in a crowd. Not gang violence. Hell someone could drop a 12 gauge with birdshot and have one shot go off and shoot 4 people. I wouldn't consider that a mass shooting either.

You may not but this site does.  They are kind enough to included the data. You and dooski could rip into that data and do some great gotcha journalism.   You could find there were only 120 school shootings, 150 workplace 50 mall shootings and the rest were all gang related.  That would show them.

Edited by revkevsdi

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Actually the site addresses that too. 

The fbi counts mass murders. These guys count mass shootings.  

Seems like an accurate description. Your life can still be mostly over if you survive a shooting. 

I think the problem is the use of the term Mass Shootings.  Looks like it's back to the media attempting to cover something and in turn they broaden the definition to further their stance or to get more coverage.  Below is from the FBI website on the term mass shooting and what the definition is.  The FBI does count mass shootings and they use the criteria I previously outlined.  Anyway, the amount of excessively violent people who will use a weapon as an equalizer has seemed to have gone through the roof.  Their disregard for life is extraordinary.  It's like they're living in a video game or something. 

there is clear evidence that the media’s use of the term mass shooting has increased significantly over recent decades (Roeder, 2016). Unfortunately, the ambiguity in how mass shootings are defined and counted may result in increased media coverage influencing public perception without better informing our understanding of the prevalence of mass shootings or their determinants, trends, social costs, or policy implications.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

I think the problem is the use of the term Mass Shootings.  Looks like it's back to the media attempting to cover something and in turn they broaden the definition to further their stance or to get more coverage.  Below is from the FBI website on the term mass shooting and what the definition is.  The FBI does count mass shootings and they use the criteria I previously outlined.  Anyway, the amount of excessively violent people who will use a weapon as an equalizer has seemed to have gone through the roof.  Their disregard for life is extraordinary.  It's like they're living in a video game or something. 

I checked out another site and there were about 6 places that use 6 different ways of defining a mass shooting.

Some like the fbi's definition of murder has to be 4 dead others count 4 victims fatal or not.  Some include the shooter, some don't 

I think as long as you use the same criteria and explain it, then it can be legitimately tracked.

This was also from that site.   I think you may be correct that for some a disconnect is occurring between their actions and reality

Are Mass Shootings on the Rise?

In 2014, the FBI released a study showing that “active shooting incidents” had increased at an average annual rate of 16 percent between 2000 and 2013 (Blair and Schweit, 2014). In contrast to the varied definitions for mass shootings, there is an agreed-upon definition among government agencies for active shooter: “an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area; in most cases, active shooters use firearm(s) and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims” (U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2008, p. 2). Using a modified version of this definition to include incidents that had multiple offenders or occurred in confined spaces, Blair and Schweit (2014) found that active shootings had increased from only one incident in 2000 to 17 in 2013.

The FBI study (Blair and Schweit, 2014) highlighted several key issues in determining trends in mass shootings. First, the absence of a systematic definition of mass shootings can lead to misinterpretation of reported evidence. While the study explicitly stated, “This is not a study of mass killings or mass shootings” (p. 5), extensive media coverage cited the study as evidence of a sharp rise in mass shootings and mass shooting fatalities (Lott, 2015). However, the definition of an active-shooter incident is broader than any of the commonly used criteria for mass shootings (see table above) because it does not set any casualty threshold. Of the 160 active-shooter incidents included in the FBI’s analysis, 7 percent resulted in zero casualties, 20 percent resulted in zero fatalities, and 22 percent resulted in a single fatality (Lott, 2015). Setting a threshold of zero victims increases the potential for measurement error, because shooting incidents with no casualties are more difficult to identify from police records and are less likely to receive media coverage (Duwe, Kovandzic, and Moody, 2002). Additionally, because it should be relatively easier to identify more-recent shootings with few fatalities, a low casualty threshold will tend to systematically bias estimates of the number of shootings upward over time. For example, the Stanford Mass Shootings in America database, which relies solely on online media sources to identify mass shooting events, cautions its users, “Data in the [database] spans a time period that includes the transition from traditional media to digital media in reporting. Numbers of incidents per year should at least in part be assumed to reflect this collection methodology and not just changes in incident frequency.” Thus, the more than threefold surge in mass shooting incidents from 2014 to 2015 shown in the Stanford data likely reflects increased online reporting and not necessarily a true increase in the rate of mass shootings.

Is this Racial mass shooting on your list?  Hardly making news locally,  with no national coverage.  Weird, cause you would think five kids being brutally tortured and shot execution style would be a big story.  Why do you think media has no interest?  

A731E503-20B6-4F7A-A36B-2E03C2D2A882.jpeg