Check your account email address ×

DHS chief: Military has 'no intention' of shooting at caravan

Pete

DHS chief: Military has 'no intention' of shooting at caravan

By Rachel Ventresca, CNN

Updated 9:21 AM ET, Fri October 26, 2018

Washington (CNN)Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, referring to US troops who are expected to be deployed to the southern border to deter an incoming migrant caravan, said Thursday that "we do not have any intention right now to shoot at people."
"We do not have any intention right now to shoot at people, but they will be apprehended, however," Nielsen said in an interview with Fox News. "But I also take my officers and agents, their own personal safety, extraordinarily seriously. They do have the ability, of course, to defend themselves."
Defense Secretary James Mattis is expected to sign deployment orders that could send 800 or more troops to the border with Mexico to help border patrol authorities stop the caravan, according to three administration officials.
Nielsen said the Department of Homeland Security has asked for the Department of Defense to help "bolster our capabilities" on the border in an effort to avoid a chaotic incident like when migrants were met at the Guatemalan-Mexican border by Mexican police in riot gear.

"We will absolutely not tolerate violence against border patrol in this situation," Nielsen said. "These are dedicated men and women risking their lives every day. I will not tolerate Mexicans or anybody else acting in a violent way towards our men and women on the border."

Read More
Nielsen has faced criticism over the US' controversial "zero-tolerance" policy which has led to the separations of families, and was the subject of a recent argument between White House chief of staff John Kelly and national security adviser John Bolton. Nielsen said she was assured the argument did not occur.
"Not only do I have no reason to believe that story, but everyone that I've asked including all involved assure me that did not occur," Nielsen said.

When asked about her discussions about her performance and border security with the President, Nielsen said she talks with him often and "everything is on the table" to address immigration issues.
"We are talking about every possible way that we can adjust the flows," she said.

The shitty part of all this bullshit is that we may have ONLY two years of Trump trying to stop this, or best case scenario six years. 

In the scheme of things 2 or 6 years is a snap of the fingers. 

We will never see another president fight like Trump. The dems ALMOST got in with Hillary. This is a never ending problem for white, Christian, European/ Americans. 

Either we start having tons of kids, or we prepare for war, or accept minority status..........which is gonna' be a horror-show. 

I've seen enough of Puerto Ricans and blacks to know what's in store.................and it ain't good. 

No they arent there to shoot people, but the military is very good at mobilizing crisis situations. Also can aid in security. We should have always used our military for border security in our country instead of shenanigans around the world. 

• Gold Member

I would imagine a c17 or C5 can fit 100’s upon 100’s of people back to there country in a few hours.  Zip tie handcuffs, tasers and military air transport is all that is need.  If the world is outraged we can divert the flight to those countries and open the cargo door upon landing.

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

No they arent there to shoot people, but the military is very good at mobilizing crisis situations. Also can aid in security. We should have always used our military for border security in our country instead of shenanigans around the world. 

This^^^^^^

20 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

"We do not have any intention right now to shoot at people

seriously?

that's beyond fucked up

Actually, we have every right to use deadly force in an unlawful invasion.  I think some are gonna get smoked too.  It'll only be a matter of time before this escalates into a riot situation.  I think non-lethal means will work fine though.  A face full of some potest clorine gas works well.  Otherwise, I say we use any and all force available to turn this back.  

If the libs don't like it.  We can work something out so that they can sponsor the families we let in and house and care for them until they can get on their own two feet.  :lmao: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, we have every right to use deadly force in an unlawful invasion.  I think some are gonna get smoked too.  It'll only be a matter of time before this escalates into a riot situation.  I think non-lethal means will work fine though.  A face full of some potest clorine gas works well.  Otherwise, I say we use any and all force available to turn this back.  

If the libs don't like it.  We can work something out so that they can sponsor the families we let in and house and care for them until they can get on their own two feet.  :lmao: 

I realize we have to right to defend

But if one person gets shot this country will go ballistic and you know it

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly...remember that the next time we get hit with a terrorist attack....all of our unlawful invasions around the globe should have consequences.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...remember that the next time we get hit with a terrorist attack....all of our unlawful invasions around the globe should have consequences.

:lol: Still all fucked up about Khashoggi, eh?

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Its not unlawful at this point. 

17 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

I realize we have to right to defend

But if one person gets shot this country will go ballistic and you know it

What grounds should they be shot? 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Really?  I was thinking we could go ahead a cluster them with a few runs now.  No?

Sure Benbroski, go show em how its done!!!! Or do you need a manual? :lol: