Check your account email address ×

Anyone have a Carfax subscription?

There are a lot of ways to bypass carfax. If the repair wasn’t done under a insurance clam it won’t show. I wouldn’t trust it. I could go buy a fucked up car at auction , hack it back together and it wouldn’t show the hacked up shit I did in my garage.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

There are a lot of ways to bypass carfax. If the repair wasn’t done under a insurance clam it won’t show. I wouldn’t trust it. I could go buy a fucked up car at auction , hack it back together and it wouldn’t show the hacked up shit I did in my garage.

Yup.  People believe it like gospel.  I’ll have  to show customers fucked up work on used car they bought because they think we are lying about their clean car fax car. 

Shitty back yard repairs don’t show up, only  quality professional ones. 

You guys just hit all the reasons I'm not paying $40 for a Carfax.

If someone has it I'll take it as one piece of information. Still have it planned to have it checked over by my mechanic.

I just heard on the radio a lot of flood damaged vehicles are making their way to MN.

• Like 1

Purchased a rental fleet return from the manheim auction here in Minnesota.  Had 10K on it with a totally clean Carfax.  Later found it had been hit in the rear passenger door which had been replaced by the rental car companies auto body and no record of it exists.  So Carfax is just one level of investigation that doesn't beat a in person inspection.