Check your account email address ×

Face to face

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I appreciated grappling. Jujitsu is the king of fighting techniques. It’s the only discipline that is a must have in MMA. Without it you’ll sleep and go home. 

Well, I don’t know about the jujitsu comment because they do open themselves up quite a bit but a good ground grappling technique is a bitch and...I don’t care what the art is.  Wrestlers are a PIA to fight. But they still gotta get your rolling around first.  To do that, they have make themselves vulnerable.  But if they get you there, well...(see Quint clip above).

34 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Hendo never had a bjj belt that i know of

We’ll argue this forever. :lol:  

here’s a grappling match that hasn’t been seen much. It’s really fun to watch. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7uq87m/blue_belt_jiu_jitsu_fighter_submits_dan_henderson/

39 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

We’ll argue this forever. :lol:  

here’s a grappling match that hasn’t been seen much. It’s really fun to watch. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7uq87m/blue_belt_jiu_jitsu_fighter_submits_dan_henderson/

Ive seen that. :bc:

Jones has more talent period. He doesnt need jui jitsu.

I remember watching Gracie and Shamrock go at it in 93 I think...first time I ever watched a mma fight. Couldn't believe how Gracie made Shamrock his bitch lol. Never saw that style of fighting before.  Even tho the fight seemed to take forever, it was great to see 

Just now, xcr700 said:

I remember watching Gracie and Shamrock go at it in 93 I think...first time I ever watched a mma fight. Couldn't believe how Gracie made Shamrock his bitch lol. Never saw that style of fighting before.  Even tho the fight seemed to take forever, it was great to see 

Ya gracie hit the mma world by storm outside of brazil...he eventually was to one demensional...leopald nearly killed him in ufc 3...he still won though but couldnt continue on to the championship fight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I loved Shamrock.  Old school, hard nose battle monger.  I remember the shit during his first fight with Gracie.  Seems they wouldn’t let Ken wear his shoes or something if I remember right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I loved Shamrock.  Old school, hard nose battle monger.  I remember the shit during his first fight with Gracie.  Seems they wouldn’t let Ken wear his shoes or something if I remember right.

He was allowed to wear them...but couldnt kick in the head if i recall correctly 

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

He was allowed to wear them...but couldnt kick in the head if i recall correctly 

It was pretty gay.   That was back when this shit was old school and they were holding city and regional “tough man” competitions in bars and shit to get people into the ranks.  Pretty crazy.  Buncha drunks pummeling eachother in light gloves in front of more drunks!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was pretty gay.   That was back when this shit was old school and they were holding city and regional “tough man” competitions in bars and shit to get people into the ranks.  Pretty crazy.  Buncha drunks pummeling eachother in light gloves in front of more drunks!  :lol:

Ya those bar brawls sure show quickly who knew how to really fight.

30 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Big time.  

Hey Spin.  Does McGregor have much jujitsu experience?   Hahahahahahahah

I was surprised to find out that Lesnar had jj belt. You know hes not using any jj in his fights.

St pierre was a big jj guy too...i saw him more as karate wrestler slash boxer. Chael Sonnens a big jj guy too...he always seemed a wrestler to me.

25 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Big time.  

Hey Spin.  Does McGregor have much jujitsu experience?   Hahahahahahahah

He’s got a brown belt. He picked it up after getting stuffed a few times  Mac will never be bright enough to get really good at jujitsu. It’s takes a certain level of intelligence to be a top performer. Take a NCAA champ and put him up against a BJJ black belt from Machado’s camp and see what happens. Can you say dead wrestler? :lol: 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

He’s got a brown belt. He picked it up after getting stuffed a few times  Mac will never be bright enough to get really good at jujitsu. It’s takes a certain level of intelligence to be a top performer. Take a NCAA champ and put him up against a BJJ black belt from Machado’s camp and see what happens. Can you say dead wrestler? :lol: 

Yes and no....frank mir knocked the shit out of noguira and he beat him with jui jitsu in another fight. 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yes and no....frank mir knocked the shit out of noguira and he beat him with jui jitsu in another fight. 

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail. BJJ is basically a fighting technique that was designed to cripple, permanently incapacitate, or kill the opponent. In effect it’s designed to submit the opponent through pain, unconscious, or death. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My original reasoning is simple. If you place a skilled BJJ opponent against any other type of fighter, boxing, wrestling, muey thai, etc...BJJ will prevail. BJJ is basically a fighting technique that was designed to cripple, permanently incapacitate, or kill the opponent. In effect it’s designed to submit the opponent through pain, unconscious, or death. 

And I disagree. 

Anderson Silva rarely used bjj to win fights.

Bjj was the cats ass at the beginning of mma...once people learned how to defend against it...it just became another weapon to have in your arsenal.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Anderson Silva rarely used bjj to win fights.

Bjj was the cats ass at the beginning of mma...once people learned how to defend against it...it just became another weapon to have in your arsenal.

They learned how to defend against it by learning the craft themselves. Lol.