Check your account email address ×

Fall Foliage Thread

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member

We've hardly had any clear skies in the past month.   Wettest fall we've ever had.   Many of the solar operated MPH signs can't even operate.  :lol:  

41 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ck are you close to Westmore?

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

1 town east

What Steve said. It's about 15 minutes to Willoughby.

Here's one from yesterday in Groveton, NH

20181010-untitled-11-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

disappointing color on the kanc yesterday.  wasn't even worth taking a pic,  was better in western NH Saturday.  guessing this weekend it will be pretty good,  was actually better on the pemi side.  

Leaf drop on the Kanc?  We are a little past peak here, but it' still colorful. Hopefully it's just a light steady rain today without any strong winds and heavy downpours where the colors are fully developed.

Did you pass though Tamworth / Ossipee area? I was curious how the colors were? . 

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Leaf drop on the Kanc?  We are a little past peak here, but it' still colorful. Hopefully it's just a light steady rain today without any strong winds and heavy downpours where the colors are fully developed.

Did you pass though Tamworth / Ossipee area? I was curious how the colors were? . 

swamp maples are past and dropped but most everything else is still too green. there were some small areas with oranges and reds but not enough to be really nice looking.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Thanks 1

Here is a post from my friend from Oregon. We went back and forth through Dixville Notch About 4 times to get the shots he was looking for. He was flying the drone from the passenger seat as I was driving. The 1st sequence is a hyperlapse from a GoPro Hero7 mounted outside of the car.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

How come you,re driving on the wrong side of the road ?

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wasn't on the wrong side :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

part way through you were  

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

He may have reversed the footage? I'll go look again.

Haha, that's what it was. Good catch :bc:

image.png

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Beautiful. What is the difference between a pond, and a lake ? We don,t have many ponds up here in Canada.

I'm not sure how they determine the difference. I think it might be depth. I know everyone around here calls Island Pond, Lake Island Pond :dunno:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

20181011_075533.jpg

Nice! Where you at Benjamin? I'm hoping for some snowliage here on Sunday. The forecast is calling for a chance of snow above 3000'.

12 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Very nice.

Thanks :bc:   I've gotten a lot of comments on different social media platforms from that pic. Funny thing is that I dismissed that photo when I first looked at it. I did have to crop it a bit to get the house out of the shot.

image.png

6 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Last year vs. this year. I definitely missed peak. It’s 5 days later but I think all the wind and rain we’ve had is the bigger reason.

9FB3DB85-2F2B-4C4A-B68C-9B386EB374FC.thumb.jpeg.bd54a993a05d72b270d1ad73c6f63990.jpeg

DF385D85-CD09-41A2-B929-E1ECB5B7DE17.thumb.jpeg.a9bd1d3cb22bd4c66f2142c7592bb99e.jpeg

2nd pic is this year? Diamond Pond?