Check your account email address ×

Need advice on long haul

8 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah. Starts at 60k ,  after 1 year goes to 80k . Plus I can apply anywhere after 1 year.  Long haul wasn't in the cards till next year 

It's a trap don't believe anything a recruiter says, stay local to get your experience, otr sucks, you will thank me later

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

OK , picture this. Ya kiss the wife goodbye. Grab ya backpack drive to the lot. All set to leave. Climb into the cab and snowrider is there saying " hey bud, this will be a fun trip"

:lol:

sure lead with the good things like getting away from the wife and then pull the rug right out from under him

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

OK , picture this. Ya kiss the wife goodbye. Grab ya backpack drive to the lot. All set to leave. Climb into the cab and snowrider is there saying " hey bud, this will be a fun trip"

Blownlightbulbrider isn't smart enough to even pass the written test much less pass a road test for a CDL and IF he did he would likely work for Swift

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Bail out and ghostride the truck off a cliff :bc:

• Haha 1

Sounds like an intersting gig to build some mileage and gain some experience. 

How long will you be away from home?  How many days off will you get once you are back home. 

This is the perfect time in your life to do this. No kids makes it a lot easier. 

20 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Is it a big company here in MB?

Nah. Smaller operation.  Name starts with an A .. cant remember lol. Although I have an interview tomorrow at Reimer 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sounds like an intersting gig to build some mileage and gain some experience. 

How long will you be away from home?  How many days off will you get once you are back home. 

This is the perfect time in your life to do this. No kids makes it a lot easier. 

Sounds like I'll be away for 3 days on Calgary trips and 5 on Vancouver or Toronto trips. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Nah. Smaller operation.  Name starts with an A .. cant remember lol. Although I have an interview tomorrow at Reimer 

Sounds like I'll be away for 3 days on Calgary trips and 5 on Vancouver or Toronto trips. 

thats not bad assuming you get a couple days between,   my former coworker was road 5 weeks home 1 i think for his first year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Holy shit....5 weeks away?  No thanks lol

not sure it was even a full week back after,  35 days on 5 days off sounds familiar to me for his first year after training.  obviously there is technically "days off" during that road time to meet DOT requirements but 34 hours in a truck stop or fleabag motel somewhere in the middle of America didn't sound like fun to me.  

• Like 1