Check your account email address ×

The Myths About China's Economic Slowdown

• Gold Member
Just now, f7ben said:

They are fucked....currency devalued to the max and nothing left to tariff

Soon there will be scores of starving chinamen and xi will be looking for either an exit or a war

A staggering statistic is 3/4 of china’s Grow is through lending by foreign entities....  they are fucked

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ain’t happening. The article explains it all. 

Your selective propaganda falls on ears with common sense between them

Save it for slinger style retards

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Speaking the truth is now rooting China? What a concept. :lol: 

Seriously, China has been fucking us for years. I have been screaming to do this for like 20 years now. Now its finally happening. Fuck China. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

He rather the American worker fail than Trumps trade war be a victory

The next round of upcoming trade talks was because the trump administration approached China. China yawned and said “I spose” they aren’t going to budge. all they need to to do is wait for the pain to begin with the American consumer. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Seriously, China has been fucking us for years. I have been screaming to do this for like 20 years now. Now its finally happening. Fuck China. 

I’m not denying any of that. The current approach will not work. You’ll see. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Lending? No. 

Business investments in China...  yes 3/4 is loaned according to the OP

“three quarters of China’s business investment has been financed by bank loans,”

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

“three quarters of China’s business investment has been financed by bank loans,”

A debt induced financial crisis in China is fantasy. 

What is overlooked is the fact that virtually all China’s debt is domestic, and most of it is owed by state-owned enterprises to state-owned banks. In other words, most debts are owed by one part of the government to another. Coupled with China’s massive foreign reserves, this makes a debt crisis like that of Greece impossible. China dealt with a worse debt situation in the 1990s by removing the banks’ non-performing loans and recapitalizing the banks. In the worst case scenario, the government could do so again; and today its fiscal power is stronger than in the 1990s.

More importantly, the emphasis on deleveraging fails to understand a fundamental function of debt in an economy. One person’s debt is another person’s investment. A high level of debt by itself is not a problem if it is productively invested. The best solution to China’s debt overhang is therefore to gradually increase productively invested debt and at the same time writing off steadily the unproductive debt. While the overall debt level may not have changed (hence no appearance of deleveraging), but as long as the composition of debt is shifting from the unproductive to the productive, the debt problem is resolved while economic growth remains intact.

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m not denying any of that. The current approach will not work. You’ll see. 

Right, we will see. But who is China's largest market? We are thats who. So if they want to play games it will hurt them alot more than it will hurt us. Sure they have other markets but many of those countries have their own protectionist policies in place. We are one of the only countries who allow ourselves to get bent over. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Right, we will see. But who is China's largest market? We are thats who. So if they want to play games it will hurt them alot more than it will hurt us. Sure they have other markets but many of those countries have their own protectionist policies in place. We are one of the only countries who allow ourselves to get bent over. 

And why are we China’s largest market? Because they produce goods for prices that Americans can consume and make lots of money selling. The vast majority of Americans don’t make the kind of money that people on the board earn. The can’t afford double digit inflation. And please spare me the crap about wages increasing. Real wages have been declining since the tariffs began. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

And why are we China’s largest market? Because they produce goods for prices that Americans can consume and make lots of money selling. The vast majority of Americans don’t make the kind of money that people on the board earn. The can’t afford double digit inflation. And please spare me the crap about wages increasing. Real wages have been declining since the tariffs began. 

We need real jobs....only manufacturing and industry will provide that

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Real wages have been declining since China stole our manufacturing. How do you think they got so rich? Was our economy stronger when a TV cost $1,000 or $100? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The next round of upcoming trade talks was because the trump administration approached China. China yawned and said “I spose” they aren’t going to budge. all they need to to do is wait for the pain to begin with the American consumer. 

50 % of shit Americans buy is shit we don't even need. 1/2 this country's sport is recreational shopping. They will still do it and buy a little less. I live in a no sales tax state along a border with a sales tax state. One dosnt even want to drive main roads around here on a Saturday. Its painfull.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

investment in the country by multinational corporations is not 'lending'. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

So wages have been decreasing for 6 weeks now? Oh the horror.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well maybe thats why Trump dumped all of that money on the US economy. Isnt going to be much pain for the next 2 years. The amount of work getting posted around here is off the charts. Going to be more than there was this year.