Check your account email address ×

Lebron James.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Some clown was claiming one writes off the entire cost. Where as one only writes off the tax of that cost.

It all depends...my wife writes off 100% of her business expenses.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

It all depends...my wife writes off 100% of her business expenses.

correct , but all she is saving is what would have been the tax , not the whole cost.

Edited by steve from amherst

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

True.  It’s a Seinfeld episode when people say that.  However, there are big tax benefits at his level in doing so and it’s not just his initial investment.  But more-so, it’s PR capital.  Sure, he probably feels good about it too.  But really, I doubt if many of these athletes or actors or any celebrity that is clearly a “look at me, want me, love me” personality (again, Seinfeld. :lmao: ) would do much at all if they didn’t benefit.  There are plenty that do TONS...but receive very little PR about it.  They are the real quiet social justice warriors that do much more for their cause and should be held up on the pedestals, not these “Kardashians”.

’Murica!

Sure want to make the argument he does it to raise his public profile and therefore make more money, there might be some truth in that but the reality is many of these athletes give back with very little publicity. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

nothing to do with this topic, and it started before this topic. my god the shit you believe all the time

Ironic statement of the yr!!!!

:lol2:

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Sure want to make the argument he does it to raise his public profile and therefore make more money, there might be some truth in that but the reality is many of these athletes give back with very little publicity. 

Thanks for summarizing.  :bc:

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

He is not one of them....

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

jj watt

Seriously....he was on the news constantly when he raised that money for hurricane relief in Houston and that’s fine but I find  it interesting you picked a white athlete.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its obvious you have always worked for someone else.

yet i know more about tax write-offs than many others who have not. one thing i learned in here, running a business must be easy peasy as some of you are doing it or have done it. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seriously....he was on the news constantly when he raised that money for hurricane relief in Houston and that’s fine but I find  it interesting you picked a white athlete.

whats so interesting? He was the first that came to mind when talking about charitable work.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

whats so interesting? He was the first that came to mind when talking about charitable work.

I thought you were saying he is one of the athletes that doesn’t get publicity for his charitable work. 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

"i don't care if gas prices increase, i write them off"

"my wife writes off 100% of her business expenses"

Whats your issue with that?

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yet i know more about tax write-offs than many others who have not. one thing i learned in here, running a business must be easy peasy as some of you are doing it or have done it. 

One thing learned in here is why most think youre an idiot...

Just now, DAVE said:

Whats your issue with that?

the fact you had to state your wife writes off 100% of her business expenses, combined with your other statements in this thread, tells me you are clueless about tax write-offs. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the fact you had to state your wife writes off 100% of her business expenses, combined with your other statements in this thread, tells me you are clueless about tax write-offs. 

So my wife doesnt write off her business expenses youre saying?

Tell me what else she doesnt do?

Let me make it simple for you....

If she makes 500g....and her expenses are 250g

She payes tax on 250g

Whats so hard about that for you to understand?

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So my wife doesnt write off her business expenses youre saying?

Tell me what else she doesnt do?

Let me make it simple for you....

If she makes 500g....and her expenses are 250g

She payes tax on 250g

Whats so hard about that for you to understand?

no, that is not what i am saying. 

your example is a best case situation. many business write-offs are not 100% deductible. there are also caps on many of the expenses. so to make a statement that your wife can deduct all her business expenses is incorrect. besides, we are talking about charity here, not business write-offs. so why you are bringing that into the discussion, i have no idea. which, again, makes me think you are clueless. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

no, that is not what i am saying. 

your example is a best case situation. many business write-offs are not 100% deductible. there are also caps on many of the expenses. so to make a statement that your wife can deduct all her business expenses is incorrect. besides, we are talking about charity here, not business write-offs. so why you are bringing that into the discussion, i have no idea. which, again, makes me think you are clueless. 

Better talk to her acct then...she is literally laughing at you right now....im sure you get that alot.

34 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

"i don't care if gas prices increase, i write them off"

"my wife writes off 100% of her business expenses"

Says why are we talking about business....

Fucking braindead moron is the one who mentions it.

:lol2: